Track Number

piffle

10-06-2008 16:09:00

Dear All,

Firstly - stonking software. Really. Exactly what I'm looking for, and think it's wonderful.

Except I need the following

My MP3s do not have the track number as a part of the filename. I need to be able to use the tracknumber part of the ID3 tag to sort the tracks returned when I click on a folder.

Any clues how I might be able to do this? Is it supported? It's the only thing that mars my experience at the mo!

Best,

Nick.

siit

10-06-2008 16:31:06

it's [u2oao72hq]possible[/u2oao72hq] to implement. Actually I've been thinking about later on adding ID3 tag browsing as an option to folder/file browsing. Although the thing you want with displaying and sorting by tracknumber requires the file tree to have multiple columns (as the file explorer in windows), and this would sadly make the skin a lot slower since it would force the browser to render a lot more data.. so at the moment this isn't planned, I need to solve how it would be presented first..

So until anything happens, check out the Picard application (www.musicbrainz.org) and have those filenames in your mp3 collection sorted out )

piffle

13-06-2008 13:37:05

Thanks Siit - but I like my track names the way they are!

Instead I wrote a script to get the ID3 information from each MP3 in my collection (including tracknumber where available) and another to export that information in your playlist.xml format in the right order - using MS Access.

I was AMAZED that it worked first time.

Thanks for your help and the great product.