Trying to creat a feature

Yoshiofthewire

15-04-2008 17:00:58

I'm looking for a way to place something like a shout out board on Vibe. I was looking at the documentation, but i don't see a way to save save to the server. I'm I just missing something?

Thanks.

kjparenteau

15-04-2008 17:52:41

I can see it being possible, however very tricky. You will first need to make sure the Vibe Streamer server itself uses whatever file extensions you use such as .PHP or whatever for the shout board. That can be done under the Settings tab, and the Manage Files and MIME Types button.

Depending on the type of Shoutbox you choose, some run with a MySQL database, and others run with local files. You need to make sure the database is set up and working for the shoutbox, or again, the file is usable by vibe. More or less you want to probably get your shoutbox working before you integrate it into Vibe to make sure that's working first.

Next step would be to modify the skin itself. This is probably going to be very tricky, and time consuming because I'm not sure what all is involved here... My first thoughts would be to try adding a new frame or something to the "Who's Online" page. You could probably use some kind of an I-Frame, or even embedded object code to make it work. There's a lot of different ways I'm sure. You could also just simply add a link right near the "Who's online" button and that will open a new window with your shoutbox there. That would probably be the easiest way out of all of them.

Let me know what you find out and if you have any questions, and I'll do what I can to try to help.