Song name in title bar.

Void

06-04-2008 21:08:16

Simple tweak I thought I would share. (Sorry if this has already been done) This will put the song title in the title bar of the web browser when it is played. I like it so I can minimize the browser and see what song is playing.

In the player.vibe file (found in C\Program Files\VibeStreamer\skins\Standard), in the function "play_track" just below these lines

// get artist name and song name
var sArtistName = objTrack.childNodes[1].innerHTML;
var sSongName = objTrack.childNodes[2].innerHTML;

Add this

top.document.title = sSongName;

And thats it. (-

B-22

06-04-2008 21:27:58

ghee!! thanx VOID D

nice little add on idea

CoDEmanX

05-08-2008 07:32:32

Nice, works with Firefox 2.x

MockY

07-10-2009 02:26:30

I want to know how I could this is VS3.

Phil

07-10-2009 20:39:06

http//www.vibestreamer.com/forum/viewt ... =3315#3315

MockY

07-10-2009 23:22:35

I knew I saw it somewhere but could not find the post. Thanks for pointing it out.

B-22

08-10-2009 22:34:51

can this also be done with the default vibe streamer name ?
because i like my own brandname in the title bar ...but so fare i look into every js,vibe ,etc file but i cant find it roll

B-22

26-10-2009 20:40:14

can this also be done with the default vibe streamer name ?
because i like my own brandname in the title bar ...but so fare i look into every js,vibe ,etc file but i cant find it roll[/quote1ps07u5a]

replying to myself ,its in the index.vibe just change the name between <title>......your name </title>

siit

26-10-2009 22:13:28

A note regarding this Since this seems to be a wanted feature, and I might not add official support for it yet (Since not all browsers support changing the title dynamically), the "best-practice" solution for this will presented as a simple example on how to write a plugin for the web client in Vibe Streamer 3... coming right after the upcoming 3.0.1 release.

MockY

29-11-2009 08:58:44

http//www.vibestreamer.com/forum/viewt ... =3315#3315
This no longer works. The browser shows "My Vibe Streamer" even with this added and none of the groups have the title option in the online admin panel checked.
What am I missing here?

siit

29-11-2009 10:47:02

[quote2979ta1h]This no longer works. The browser shows "My Vibe Streamer" even with this added and none of the groups have the title option in the online admin panel checked. What am I missing here?[/quote2979ta1h]

If a setting value is not checked it will have the default value, or an inherited value. The value you actually see is the value they actually have. The checkbox is there to indicate that a value has been set on that specific user or group and that it won't be inherited.. that's the way it works.

The default value for the title is "My Vibe Streamer". If you want to set it to blank for everyone, simply check it for "Everyone" and set the value to nothing.

MockY

01-12-2009 00:07:13

The default value for the title is "My Vibe Streamer". If you want to set it to blank for everyone, simply check it for "Everyone" and set the value to nothing.[/quote1puvgva7]
So I should set it as blank if I want the modifications in the vibe-all.js file? Furthermore, there are now two vibe-all.js files. Which one is the active one, or the one I should add document.title = record.get("mdArtist") + '-' + record.get("mdTitle");?

MenoRikey

01-12-2009 17:24:22

I'd like to know how to get this to work, as well. Thanks.

Phil

03-12-2009 19:05:30

The default value for the title is "My Vibe Streamer". If you want to set it to blank for everyone, simply check it for "Everyone" and set the value to nothing.[/quote318u0eia]
So I should set it as blank if I want the modifications in the vibe-all.js file? Furthermore, there are now two vibe-all.js files. Which one is the active one, or the one I should add document.title = record.get("mdArtist") + '-' + record.get("mdTitle");?[/quote318u0eia]

The original method still works fine. The vibe-all.js you want to modify is at C\Program Files (x86)\Vibe Streamer\sites\default\build. This takes precedence over the Title setting of which there is no need to blank out.

As for there being two files I'm guessing this had to do with the "refactoring" in the latest release. At some point I may just completely uninstall and install fresh to remove any duplicated files.

MockY

04-12-2009 11:50:35

document.title = record.get("name"); does not even exists in the second file, so I don't really know where to enter the new string.

Phil

04-12-2009 16:55:50

document.title = record.get("name"); does not even exists in the second file, so I don't really know where to enter the new string.[/quote2wo7kajs]

It's located at C\Program Files (x86)\Vibe Streamer\sites\default\build assuming you used the default install path (remove space and (x86) after program files if not using 64-bit Vista or 7). It works as I'm using it now.

MockY

04-12-2009 20:30:27

I was looking for the string "document.title = record.get("name");" in the file, which obviously does not exists in either of the two files. I now added it to both files and I can only assume that it does work. I'm about to find out.
Thanks.

Phil

04-12-2009 21:07:32

That's not the correct string. The string you want is

[code1dgqg4tm]this.currentTrack.commit();[/code1dgqg4tm]

Then add the following

[code1dgqg4tm]document.title = record.get("mdArtist") + '-' + record.get("mdTitle");[/code1dgqg4tm]

The vibe-all.js file that is being used is the one located at the path I mention in my previous post. The other one can be deleted.