Running ASP and Vibestreamer

bschwarz6

07-11-2007 22:30:36

Let me first say that vibestreamer has allowed me to keep my sanity at work since it does not violate any of our security policies ...

So, I have poked around the forums a bit, but havent seen much reference to this. Is there a way to execute ASP code through the VibeStreamer "web server"? I know that VibeStreamer is it's own "web server" and can not really be run through IIS or Apache, but has anyone successfully run ASP scripts through it? Is there a way to specify a MIME type for ASP in the VibeStreamer GUI?

Thanks in advance for your help ... oh, and if this is possible, expect me to post a bunch of cool ASP plug-ins. D

Brad

Amish

07-11-2007 22:56:32

Not possible. Probably won't ever happen. You need IIS on your server.

bschwarz6

09-11-2007 19:39:45

and i would assume that there is no way to get Vibe Streamer to work through IIS ...

so what language CAN i write scripts in? Is there some programming resource for Vibe Streamer somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Void

16-04-2008 23:43:32

(I know im a bit late on this but..)

I am using ASP.NET with my vibe streamer. I installed IIS on an old windows 2k box (The same box that vibe is running on). Then I edited the Vibe files and used AJAX to take advantage of the server side scripting.

I created an extra table on the main page and used ASP to take advantage of a free bittorrent api. So now while im listining to my music, if i think of a song i want to download a quick search and it downloads to my server into the vibe shared folder.