BBE-FSG skin

Bulo

15-08-2007 15:33:33

Hi All,

FSG and myself have finished developing a new skin for Vibe Streamer.
This skin provides some features
- Keyboard navigation in (left/right) pannels and player.
- Album column in the playlist
- Album cover in header and right pannel
- Clear playlist button
- MSN Now playing
- Logout button
- Sub-folder recursion

And now this skin is available at the following link [url1a9dvqd9]http://tinyurl.com/3ad6d9[/url1a9dvqd9]

Please note that to activate some features you have to realise some actions. You can find all the needed instructions in the readme file (or install.pdf file) located in the skin's "bin" subdirectory.

Have fun!

BBE-FSG

geforcer

16-08-2007 00:36:22

Excellent Skin!!!! Can't wait to get this configured D Thanks to all involved ;)

fsg

16-08-2007 00:42:31

Hi All,

Screenshot of the BBE-FSG skin posted above.

[img3rskmqi9]http://users.tpg.com.au/adsljq2x/VibeStreamer/bbe-fsg/bbe-fsg.jpg[/img3rskmqi9]

Thanks Bulo

Amish

16-08-2007 22:49:19

Nice guys,

Do you think you can make a feature, when the logout button is pressed, it saves the current list of songs in a playlist called temp. Then when you load up. If it detects temp, it then reloads the songs )

Also do you think you can intergrate some sort of pre buffering. Liek when the current song is loaded, tell it to load ONLY the next song. So when you finish the current one it move onto the next without any wait.

Thats cool, maybe you 2 can work together to intergrate a nice search feature....food for thought.

Peace

MockY

23-08-2007 20:13:11

[quote1ct2bzib]maybe you 2 can work together to intergrate a nice search feature....food for thought. [/quote1ct2bzib]

A search feature and a download feature is the only thing that is missing, though not necessary. Awesome job guys.

It would however be nice to be able to disable the album cover feature. I have over 6,000 full length albums in the streamer, all without a cover (I always remove everything other than the actual mp3 files in the folder) and I am assuming that there will be a placeholder for where the cover is supposed to be which leads to a lot of empty space and overall an unfinished look. I may be wrong however and will try later tonight.

jackslade

23-08-2007 22:25:55

Both of these things can be easily implemented into this skin.

1.) download is just an option, check out the bin folder's readme file, it will tell how to turn on downloading.

2.) search is implemented via an external application found here View Post[/url1bppxpgr]
Just download the file with the this theme name. extract the left.html and performsearch.vibe to the skins directory and extract the vibestreamerindexer.exe to the vibestreamer directory. run the exe each time you update your music collection. (Note requires .net framework 2.0+)

aliaseme

06-09-2007 16:48:32

Hi guys, exelent job!!
I'm using Vibe in a home network, and this skin look is fantastic.
I tried to use the keyboard control, but can't control the player and the playlist. ¿Is this posible? ¿Also, can I reasign keys, for use with numpad only, by example?
Thanks a lot

Nepherim

14-09-2007 03:18:56

[quote2ca0i3d5]And now this skin is available at the following link http//tinyurl.com/3ad6d9[/quote2ca0i3d5]
Anyone have a working d/l link? That one appears to be dead.

geforcer

14-09-2007 03:22:32

[quote17bv631w]And now this skin is available at the following link http//tinyurl.com/3ad6d9[/quote17bv631w]
Anyone have a working d/l link? That one appears to be dead.[/quote17bv631w]

Link seems to be working for me.

Nepherim

14-09-2007 04:02:02

Looks like it works fine in IE, just doesn't seem to auto-d/l in Firefox. Not seen that before. Thanks for letting me know it was working though.

jboomm

27-09-2007 23:13:29

I just want thank BBE ,FSG, BULO for spending all this time to give us this awsome skins. i could never have create ones this freak cool. lol

can anyone make a link to the batch file for "msn now play" on the page. this way it can be download from any computer?

once again freakin thanx

DjStraw

30-09-2007 06:28:09

Thanks for your Skin but I cannot cause that is equal the Player does not work to me, leaves the classic one to me to player but but small and already she tries of everything to put it as you have it your but I have not been able I thank for much to you if she explains to me like solving the problem.

Thanks!

I Can´t speak english this is a traduction of a dictionary.

DjStraw

30-09-2007 07:09:52

Thank is beatiful!!! I love this skin, but I can´t use the keyboard to chance the music.

Midnightz

08-10-2007 16:25:54

Nice skin, thank you for making it. I'd like to see colorful icons and space set aside for page add-ons in the future. Just wondering... Are you open to/interested in theme packs based on your skin?

How can I make the mp3 track info scroll/animate in the flash player while playing? [b1n2824kd]Can you please list ALL available parameters?[/b1n2824kd]

I tried both methods of installing the MSN plugin but it still doesn't work. In fact, the certificate is installed but my computer won't let me install/run the batch file. This feature screams scary to my system security. More information on this would be appreciated, thank you.

It seems I'm not the only one not in favor of the MSN feature. Why can't we just associate an image file with each MP3 and autoload that?

jboomm

18-10-2007 16:02:48

I love the new skin. But when i use it for more than a few hours it drop connection I do not have this problem when i go to the standard skin. Am i doing something wrong.

fsg

25-10-2007 00:43:43

How can I make the mp3 track info scroll/animate in the flash player while playing? [/quotej9j1ez0f]

Scrolling track info is not implemented, so you canot (
I hope the new flash player will have external configuration options. Eg. change colour, scroll ......

Midnightz

03-11-2007 16:26:13

Okay, thank you for explaining. It's a pretty nice looking player interface so I'm not really complaining. I have found some other cool flash mp3 players which are open source. When I dig them up, I will post them here for flash developers/skin developers to use for vibestreamer.

I think this skin should be the VibeSteamers default skin as it's much more appealing than the one it comes with. wink

siit

12-11-2007 13:20:25

I'm currently in the process if starting with a new version of the standard skin, so I'm open for all suggestions. But since time isn't my best friend at the moment, I'm currently looking for help from css/js developers and designers..

http//www.vibestreamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138

So here's your time to shine if anyone's interested.

r00st3r

16-11-2007 16:54:45

In the screenshot on the 1st page, it shows the ozzmosis cover above the line that's above the song list. In the songlist I see it displays the text of ozmosis.jpg, and not the actual cover itself. This is prefereable to me. My skin shows the image both above the song list and in the songlist. I just want to show it above and not in both places. The best solution would be to show tha cover above and don't even list the text or the cover in the sog list..

Anyway I can do either of those?

MockY

16-11-2007 21:59:39

I enabled the download option, but even after I restarted the vibe streamer, the download option is still not there. I emptied the cache as well but nothing. What am I missing?

r00st3r

16-11-2007 22:46:38

I had to play with the download a bit to get to to work.

After implementing, shutdown vibestreamer, reset the cash in your browser, close and reopen the browser, pull up the web page and login.

As long as you changed the following

[quote23skwod4] - Locate the features.vibe file in BBE-FSG skin’s jscript folder
- Scroll down to Settings for the Download feature
- Change the following line
var DAuthorizedUsers = new Array('');
To
var DAuthorizedUsers = new Array();
- Restart VibeStreamer
- Login from your client with the username that has the BBE-FSG skin assigned to it.[/quote23skwod4]

you should be OK Like I said...It took me a while of resarting Vibestream and resetting the cache and restarting the browser.

Good Luck.
R00st3r

r00st3r

16-11-2007 23:13:32

I also had an issue with the small image next to the player. When I play a song from the folders listing it shows the thumbnail of the album next to the shuffle indicator. When I play the same song from a playlist, the album image doesn't show up. Anyone know why?

I wish I know how to prog in jscript...

MockY

19-11-2007 03:48:15

I had to play with the download a bit to get to to work.

After implementing, shutdown vibestreamer, reset the cash in your browser, close and reopen the browser, pull up the web page and login.

Good Luck.
R00st3r[/quote15g6q9l4]

It took a while, but restarting the streamer and emptying the cache multiple times worked. Thanks.

I have 3 more issues however.

I would like to have the song before the album title. As of now, I can only figure out how to change the order of the headers, but not while a song is playing.
And somewhat related to that is, how do I go about to set Artist instead of Server name in the browser title? I managed to alter the format the song title is shown, but I don't see a variable for Artist.

Second, with the original skin I could replace the right (where now the server name is printed) image with a custom made one, a much larger one than the background image that is replicated over and over again. If I simply replace it with the one I want, it gets replicated all over the place. I just want one picture there with a <a href> around it. With this one, it is a bit different...I can't seem to figure it out.

Third, is it possible to have the album art showing, without having the .jpg file showing in the song list of an album? Furthermore, how can I automatically download the album art into the folders without having to manually do it? I have over 6000 albums in the library, and it would take a couple of months to do it by hand.

EDIT It seems like the albums covers don't work through the playlists. I tried both IE and FF. Anyone else with this issue?

Furthermore, when a user start playing a song, it shows up in Who Is Online just like it should. BUT, as soon as the user start browsing other directories while listening, it says that the user is listening to the .jpg that resides in that directory. This defeats the purpose of even having such feature since it doesn't show what the user is playing at the moment anyways. If however the user have more than one song in the playlist (not from the personalized playlists) it does show the song currently played. But as soon as the user start browsing other directories, the initial issue arises again. This is obviously not a huge issue, I'm just pointing out a bug.

brady

19-11-2007 23:11:14

You guys are really awsome, this is a fantastic skin it really feels like a whole new player which is nice I loved the BBEv5 but after looking at it everyday all day this is really refreshing on the eyes.

One little problem I have noticed that someone might be able to help me with is that my streamer seems to time out after about a half hour and I have to reconnect, should I set my timeout times higher? I wouldn't have even thought to ask but someone else here noticed it too.

Thanks again I you guys rock!
Brady

jboomm

19-12-2007 18:15:33

sorry about my last post it was pc related. Who now HT could cuase that.

does any know how to program it in so that you can use the space bar to pause or play. It would be great way to quickly pause and resume you song. any ideas.

Guillaume

08-01-2008 21:29:14

When I clear the playlist and shuffle is on, it still loads the songs from the initial playlist...

dspdrew

09-03-2008 19:26:38

Is there any way to change the default volume? Not sure why it's so low.. Would you be willing to give us access to the .fla file?

Also, I think class ".playlistRowItem3" in file "player.vibe" is missing property "width300px"

and if you just use "dot.gif" instead of "missing_cover.jpg", "checkbox-clear.gif", and "checkbox-clearS.gif", you won't have any gradient mis-alignment problems between browsers. )

Nice skin though Bulo, it's nice to see some clean code.

shayaknyc

18-03-2008 20:51:06

Hey all,

Newbie here...

I've been using vibestreamer's standard skin for a while. I'm anxious to use the one included in this thread, so I downloaded it and extracted it to a folder called "BBE-FSG" in the skins directory. The path is
C\Program Files\Vibestreamer\Skins\BBE-FSG\

I then shut down vibestreamer completely. Run it again, and started the server, but when I log in it just loads the standard skin.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT Sorry, figured it out!! Thanks!!

kjparenteau

19-03-2008 06:31:54

Glad you were able to figure it out! Just in case anyone else may run into the similar issue, here's what you need to do to change skins. -)

Open up the Vibe Streamer server interface, go to the "Users and Groups" tab. From there double click whatever user ID's you want to modify the settings for, and choose the new skin from the drop down.

Also as a side note, you will want to probably clear your temporary internet files before you reload because many skins are built using the same structure as the default and may appear funny when you just refresh the page. Other than that, you should be good to go!

siit

02-04-2008 11:29:38

hmm. the link to the skin seems to be dead.. is it possible to fix this?

fsg

02-04-2008 13:34:42

hmm. the link to the skin seems to be dead.. is it possible to fix this?[/quotey0gvmeq3]

Just tested the link today (2 Apr. 2008) and it works fine for me.
That is [urly0gvmeq3]http://tinyurl.com/3ad6d9[/urly0gvmeq3]
Alternative url can be obtained via PM to me.

siit

02-04-2008 14:21:37

got it working now.. i used IE at the moment and for some reason (invalid headers or content size?) it cannot be downloaded using IE..

makr

05-04-2008 14:16:50

I made a new version of this skin.

Check it here [url1ft6tzpj]http://www.vibestreamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533[/url1ft6tzpj]

fsg

06-04-2008 13:35:49

I made a new version of this skin.

Check it here [url1h8mcxen]http://www.vibestreamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533[/url1h8mcxen][/quote1h8mcxen]

Great work makr. Nice touch indeed. Canot wait to have your router up and running, to take this skin for a "test drive".

makr

06-04-2008 16:37:46

router is up, sould work fine now.
Atleast it does from my friends place where i am now shock

sbgstudios

19-08-2008 22:25:57

I want to start by saying, I love this skin. I was also wandering if there is something in the works to do video too.

Anyway... I am having a problem with my BBE. If i load any amount of songs to play it maybe gets though one or two and stops giving "error loading file" in the blue screen. I am not sure if it is something i am doing wrong or what, but i am hoping someone can shed some light on my issue.

Also if there are any other tricks or tips for this skin to get the most out of it, i would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance

David

shakalu1

24-07-2009 00:12:01

i see u all saying "what a great skin". from screenshot i like it too, but i just don't know how to install it. is there anyone who would like help me with a small tutorial??

cuberider2008

09-08-2010 12:19:42

sorry for warming up this old thread, I just can't find more recent ones about this topic ... oops

I'm having troubles getting this skin to work. I'm using VibeStreamer 3.02.

Found these instructions how to install a new theme
http//www.vibestreamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=784

I'm pretty sure I figured out how to do it correctly. But the theme doesn't work, I always get this blank skin-less interface without a player http//yfrog.com/j1vibebbeerrorj

Is the theme not ought to be used with v3.02? Which VibeStreamer version will work? What am I doing wrong? (

RAND0M1ZER

11-09-2010 04:00:23

sorry for warming up this old thread, I just can't find more recent ones about this topic ... oops

I'm having troubles getting this skin to work. I'm using VibeStreamer 3.02.

Found these instructions how to install a new theme
http//www.vibestreamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=784

I'm pretty sure I figured out how to do it correctly. But the theme doesn't work, I always get this blank skin-less interface without a player http//yfrog.com/j1vibebbeerrorj

Is the theme not ought to be used with v3.02? Which VibeStreamer version will work? What am I doing wrong? ([/quoteigpp6ryu]

Ya I am getting that too in 3.0.2

Midnightz

24-10-2010 00:41:28

I want this skin working in the most recent version. Anyone been successful yet?