Detailed explanation of frames

snollic

25-03-2007 17:17:09

Hi!

First of all WOW mrgreen What a great program this is!

Its working great! And its not very hard to customize it D
I allready made some changes to the skin

[img9i3t5gps]http://collinkicken.nl/collin/vibe.JPG[/img9i3t5gps]

But now im trying to run it in a frames page.
Iv`e made a frames page with two collums. Left will be vibe, Right will be a simple chat function.

But i cant make it work to load vibe inside the frame.

I know i have to use parent instead og top.frames......
But i don`t know exactly wich files to edit. When i edit Left and getfiles.vibe it doessnt work.

I hope someone can give me a more detailed explenation. I know that other people are interested in this to.

Thanks in advance!

Collin

edit
OR how to put an extra frame on the right side )

snollic

30-03-2007 20:07:31

Replying to myself lol

Ive managed to split the top frame in two, so i can put a chat on the right. BUT now the mp3`s wont load again P

The only things i can find on the forum is that i need to change top.frames[2] to parent. But that doessnt work (.

I allso want to know this beacause i want to run vibe itself in a frame.
(So i can call vibe from my default webserver (port 80) to use vibe at school (firewall blocks port 8081) )

Please? (A) P

snollic

10-04-2007 17:38:04

YEAH! D Now i have an extra frame (to display a chat)
[img1c9aeo6u]http://collinkicken.nl/collin/vibe2.jpg[/img1c9aeo6u]
Im using this code for the index
[code1c9aeo6u]<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>

<title><? print(get_serverinfo().ServerName) ?> - Vibe Streamer</title>

<script src="jscript/functions.js"></script>

</head>

<script type="text/javascript">

var browser = detect_browser();

if ( browser=='msie' )
{
document.writeln('<frameset rows="200,*" frameborder="yes" border="1" framespacing="1" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">');
document.writeln('\t<frameset cols="1070,*" frameborder="yes" border="1" framespacing="1" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">');
document.writeln('\t\t<frame id="framePlayer" src="player.vibe" frameborder="no" border="0" bordercolor="#3f3f3f" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" unselectable="on">');
document.writeln('\t\t<frame id="chat" src="http://collinkicken.nl/cha/chat.php" frameborder="no" border="0" bordercolor="#3f3f3f" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" unselectable="on">');
document.writeln('\t</frameset>');
document.writeln('\t<frameset cols="400,*" frameborder="yes" border="1" framespacing="1" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">');
document.writeln('\t\t<frame id="frameFolders" src="left.html" frameborder="no" border="0" bordercolor="#3f3f3f" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" unselectable="on"></frame>');
document.writeln('\t\t<frame id="frameFiles" src="right.html" frameborder="no" border="0" bordercolor="#3f3f3f" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" unselectable="on"></frame>');
document.writeln('</frameset');
}
else
{
document.writeln('<frameset rows="200,*,0" frameborder="yes" border="1" framespacing="1" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">');
document.writeln('\t<frame id="framePlayer" src="player.vibe" frameborder="yes" border="0" bordercolor="#3f3f3f" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" unselectable="on">');
document.writeln('\t<frameset cols="400,*" frameborder="yes" border="1" framespacing="1" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">');
document.writeln('\t\t<frame id="frameFolders" src="left.html" frameborder="yes" border="0" bordercolor="#3f3f3f" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" unselectable="on"></frame>');
document.writeln('\t\t<frame id="frameFiles" src="right.html" frameborder="yes" border="0" bordercolor="#3f3f3f" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" unselectable="on"></frame>');
document.writeln('</frameset');
}

</script>

</html>
[/code1c9aeo6u]

But now the files won`t load.
I know it has something to do with frame id`s, but i don`t know how to fix the problem.

Does annyone have some spare time to help me out? P

Sorry for my bad english ?

-Collin