Swapping player images

terrazzo

23-01-2007 15:22:23

You can change the skin of the flash player by swapping out the images inside of it.

1) Get the .ZIP file located here
[url2g15ok1e]http://www.yooha.com/download/[/url2g15ok1e]
It contains an .FLA file of the current player, the individual images used inside of it (background, buttons and progress bar). There is also an optional Photoshop CS PSD file of the existing imagery with a separate layer for each image.

2) Create your new images the same width and height as the existing images.

3) Open the .FLA file in Flash 6 or higher and import the replacement images to the library. Convert the buttons and progress bar images to symbols.

4) First replace the background image. Then for the other image layers, swap the current symbols with their new symbols. Be sure the registration for each symbol is the same as the existing ones (top left).

5) Export to SWF and try it. Should work the same provided nothing else was changed.

frifox

23-01-2007 19:23:42

THANK YOU!

siit

24-01-2007 18:11:14

nice one )

terrazzo

25-01-2007 14:47:51

Here's a skin with a WinAmp Classic theme - screenshot[/url3k87urw5]

I changed only the imagery and some of the CSS colors. You can get the zip file here - [url3k87urw5]http://www.yooha.com/download/[/url3k87urw5]

GO BEARS!!!

siit

25-01-2007 17:13:53

heyhey! *thumbs up*

that's some nice work there!
it has just replaced my current skin )

keep it up, if more customizations for vibe streamer, including a FLA source for a better player appears, it might be time for a "Downloads" section for the homepage, giving credit to the people behind the customizations,

*hat off*

//erik

terrazzo

25-01-2007 19:43:27

thanks siit,

Saw a couple things I missed. The timer in the player window - should have colored that but couldn't figure out how to get to it. Also think I should have left the system color style on the selected playlist item. Seems that's more like winamp. I'll change that back tonight.

Thinking of doing another one soon. Hendrix, dylan or -- Chicago Bears themed, something...

Amish

28-01-2007 21:53:50

Hmm graphics look kinda blury, kudos anyways.

Origional fla would be nice. But i cant open it in Flash 8, only in MX s

sooo...

And if i had the origional in Flash 8 format i could stick in prebuffering and stuff.

460v3411

13-03-2007 19:35:58

[quote2xaazc8r] terrazzo wrote-
Saw a couple things I missed. The timer in the player window - should have colored that but couldn't figure out how to get to it[/quote2xaazc8r]
I figured out the issue about the color of the timer in the player window..
in the Actions for the Frame1 go to the Action script and search for
[code2xaazc8r] g_sTrackText + " <font color=\"#595959\">[" + _loc4 + "]</font>" [/code2xaazc8r]
there are three instances of this code. change the value "595959" to your color value. [ I recommend "ccccccc" for your VibeAmp.., thats what my current skin has for now )

//AboveAll