Vibestreamer-like solution for whole harddrive

FalconNL

06-09-2006 23:27:46

First of all let me say thank you for creating an awesome program.

I have one question though does anyone know of a program similar to Vibestreamer or a way to modify vibestreamer that lets me browse my whole harddisk and download any file type?

When I'm at work I would like to be able to access the files on my computer at home. From what I've read so far on the forum it is possible to modify the vibestreamer skin to download files, but it's not exactly an elegant solution and would probably require setting up a whole lot of MIME-types to download things like PDF or Photoshop files.

I'm looking for something that
- Works on Windows XP
- Lets me browse my entire harddisk, preferrably from a browser
- Lets me download files
- Has similar security features to vibestreamer, i.e. password and ip rules
- Can set read-only access to prevent data loss

Does anyone know of such a program? I know it can probably be done with remote desktop software like pcAnywhere or gotomypc but that seems like overkill for my needs. Plus it requires software, which is one of the big advantages of a vibestreamer-like solution.

crimson

06-09-2006 23:46:31

Apache Web Server?

siit

07-09-2006 08:28:08

hehe, yea., kinda sounds like you'd be fine with a webserver and a simple script that lets you browse it all. And I'd also bet that there are someone out there that has done it already..

g8trtim

07-09-2006 20:32:27

sounds like you want a ftp server, not a http server... servU is simple, cheap, and very effective. remember to check with your ISP and company to ensure you are not breaking any of their rules. ISP's are notorious for booting people for maxing their bandwidth and having servers running on their routers. Also, my company shuns on connecting to an outside ftp server for security concerns.

Khaotik

11-09-2006 11:33:19

There is a program called Easy File Sharing Web Server. It makes virtual drives, has full forums, upload/download capability, and stuff its pretty cool. If you would like a demo PM me with a date/time and ill start mine up and give you my IP. It does cost money. *cough*http//2baksa.net*cough*

kailiyu

17-09-2010 07:53:03

Little Floral jersey gives the more sweet in a sense, with a small vest to and in the most appropriate, long scarves casual ride in the neck is very natural. Martin overalls and boots combination is also very handsome.

xantes

09-11-2010 10:58:53

First of all let me say thank you for creating an awesome program.

I have one question though does anyone know of a program similar to Vibestreamer or a way to modify vibestreamer that lets me browse my whole harddisk and download any file type?

When I'm at work I would like to be able to access the files on my computer at home. From what I've read so far on the forum it is possible to modify the vibestreamer skin to download files, but it's not exactly an elegant solution and would probably require setting up a whole lot of MIME-types to download things like PDF or Photoshop files.

I'm looking for something that
- Works on Windows XP
- Lets me browse my entire harddisk, preferrably from a browser
- Lets me download files
- Has similar security features to vibestreamer, i.e. password and ip rules
- Can set read-only access to prevent data loss

Does anyone know of such a program? I know it can probably be done with remote desktop software like pcAnywhere or gotomypc but that seems like overkill for my needs. Plus it requires software, which is one of the big advantages of a vibestreamer-like solution.[/quote1alq6dd1]

Yes there is such program/application. It's name is Subsonic Music Streamer. you can find it here http//www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp