Feature Change request

pcug

21-06-2010 21:47:23

Hi Siit,

I would like to see you remove the defaut image file name for albums and allow the user to enter the name of the graphic file. If you don't want to allow the user to enter the filename, you could at least check for a graphic file extension and load the first graphic file in that folder/directory.

I name all my album graphics according to the name of the album. I would also like to be able to link to the album art in another folder/directory.

Thinks about it and let us know what you think.

Thanks for all your hard work. We all really appreciate it.

RAND0M1ZER

15-07-2010 03:56:29

I think it is fine the way that it is, storing album art in id3 tags is the best way to do things. Especially with the increasing size of storage devices, there isn't a single downside.

pcug

21-10-2010 00:22:25

I think it is fine the way that it is, storing album art in id3 tags is the best way to do things. Especially with the increasing size of storage devices, there isn't a single downside.[/quote2yhxnwn0]

The downside is that if they are not already tagged, you have to add the tags FOR EACH FILE in an ID3 editor.

SneakyTax

22-12-2010 00:33:15

I think it is fine the way that it is, storing album art in id3 tags is the best way to do things. Especially with the increasing size of storage devices, there isn't a single downside.[/quote15471kwu]

I agree - use the id3 for what it needs to do. No sense adding additional functions to do what is already handled in the tags already.