Vibe Streamer 3.1.0 Beta Download

siit

13-01-2010 23:23:58

[bw94hbqol]NEW FEATURES/CHANGES[/bw94hbqol]
- Added utf-8 support on the web server and the index.
- Fixed bug where the effect of setting the <path> element in sites.xml
wasn't working as it was expected to.
- The server now uses regular expressions instead of wildcard searches internally.
This applies to indexer file patterns and request handler mappings in server.xml.
- Upgraded boost library to 1.40

[bw94hbqol]IMPORTANT[/bw94hbqol]
Please note that you cannot install this version above a current installed version of Vibe Streamer. You must uninstall your current version or simply install this in a separate folder. When the stable version of 3.1.0 is out I'll write a short migration guide for those of you that don't want to have to recreate your settings, users and playlist.

Since the UTF-8 implementation is difficult to test just by myself, I'd appreciate any feedback and especially from those of you that are from countries where languages extend further than the Latin1 character set or have music that haven't been able to index in a previous version of Vibe Streamer.

You can download the beta here
http//www.vibestreamer.com/milestones/

aem

13-01-2010 23:39:34

will try this - thanks.

just one more suggestion in the sharing-tab it might be useful to add an option to refresh ALL shared directories at once. right now i have to select every folder seperately - right-click and hit Index...

NY40Male

14-01-2010 02:53:28

how soon till you add the transcoding....just wondering

Phil

14-01-2010 18:01:10

Thanks for the continued updates Siit!

CyberBaby

15-01-2010 18:03:20

Thanks for your great work.

However, looks like Traditional Chinese is not supported yet.

Here are my test results. All tests are using mp3 with Chinese Tag Details.
OS Windows Server 2003 SP2 32Bits English

[b3gnpnbnf]Test 01[/b3gnpnbnf][/color3gnpnbnf]
[b3gnpnbnf]Path[/b3gnpnbnf] Contains Traditional Chinese
[b3gnpnbnf]Virtual Name[/b3gnpnbnf] English

[b3gnpnbnf]Results[/b3gnpnbnf][/color3gnpnbnf] Files cannot be indexed. Always show 0.00Mb under Size.

[b3gnpnbnf]Test 02 [/b3gnpnbnf][/color3gnpnbnf]
[b3gnpnbnf]Path[/b3gnpnbnf] English
[b3gnpnbnf]Virtual Name[/b3gnpnbnf] Traditional Chinese

[b3gnpnbnf]Results[/b3gnpnbnf][/color3gnpnbnf] Cannot show Traditional Chinese Folder in Shares on Falsh Player, can read the tag correctly and show up in player, however, Failed to load audio.

[b3gnpnbnf]Test 03 [/b3gnpnbnf][/color3gnpnbnf]
[b3gnpnbnf]Path[/b3gnpnbnf] English
[b3gnpnbnf]Virtual Name[/b3gnpnbnf] English

[b3gnpnbnf]Results[/b3gnpnbnf][/color3gnpnbnf] Failed to load audio still.

I can help to do more tests.

siit

15-01-2010 23:38:45

Thanks for the test data, it's really helpful and in order to make this work 100% I need more info from other people aswell, if possible.

CyberBaby If possible, can you try this Share a directory with an english path and english virtual name, but in it you have a single mp3 file named in traditional chinese. Can you play that? If not, type the name of the path, the virtual name and the filename (containing tradtitional chinese) here on the forum so I can recreate it on my own computer. Hopefully I can recreate the problem and fix it.

CyberBaby

16-01-2010 03:51:12

Hi Siit,

I have done the following tests wit this settings.

Path English
Virtual Name English
Chinese Filename 中文.mp3

1. Trad Chinese Filname with Trad Chinese Tag Details
2. Trad Chinese Filename with English Tag Details
3. English Filename with Trad Chines Tag Details
3. English Filaname with English Tag Deails

All failed.

Looks like i can't play at all.... any logs i can give you?

I have tried with english path and english filename/trad chinesename but with trad chinese tag data, no luck. Failed to load audio.

I use this filename 中文.mp3

siit

16-01-2010 12:00:51

Perfect, that's just the info I need at the moment. If I understand you correctly, it does index alright and display the file/tags alright, but it just doesn't play?

EDIT A silly question, but very important Did you install a fresh copy of the new beta, cause it won't work if you install the beta over an existing vibe streamer version.

I've got a busy weekend atm so I'll take a look at it and test it in a day or so and then get back to you. Thanks

CyberBaby

16-01-2010 17:06:15

Of course, becos it will prompt me to do so.

However, i just did another clean install and got the results below.

I could play Trad Chi Songs filename and with Trad Chi Tag details within a folder or even in a subfolder, as well as with Trad Chi virtual name.

It just can't index the songs with Trad Chi path.

By the way, did you update the code?I am just wondering why i got the above results.

ScreenShots
[url260gyero]http://img14.imageshack.us/i/test01os.jpg/[/url260gyero]
[url260gyero]http://img697.imageshack.us/i/testgl.jpg/[/url260gyero]

Hope it can help you.

1 more thing.

Something wrong with the indexing.

I have a root folder without Trad Chi contains many subfolders with Trad Chinese. I will get same folder content even if I select different subfolders.

siit

18-01-2010 14:30:40

So do you mean that you can play songs and index folders with trad chi names now? But the shared folder cannot contain trad chi names? I saw that you used d\test, if you change that to trad chi character then it wont work?

does everything else work as it should?

thanks for the help

CyberBaby

18-01-2010 15:06:26

Yes, you're right.

If the share path contains Trad Chi, songs cannot be indexed.

Also, the index process results is not correct like i mentioned before.

siit

18-01-2010 16:22:31

[quote3q5fdtc7]If the share path contains Trad Chi, songs cannot be indexed./quote]

Ok. I think I have left that out of the testing so it will probably not work for me either, so I should be able to find out the problem and fix that one.

[quote3q5fdtc7]Also, the index process results is not correct like i mentioned before.[/quote3q5fdtc7][/quote3q5fdtc7]

By that, do you mean that the "index process" window doesn't display the names correctly? That's generally because the application itself doesn't support unicode, and since the server GUI application probably will be replaced by a web application instead for administration, it's nothing I'll look into very much. But I'll take a quick peek and see if I can do something.

Otherwise it works a little bit now then, at least D

DD6VD

19-01-2010 00:19:55

I miss the Last.fm Plugin who is it ?

CyberBaby

19-01-2010 04:54:00

[quote2uisnh4u]If the share path contains Trad Chi, songs cannot be indexed./quote]

Ok. I think I have left that out of the testing so it will probably not work for me either, so I should be able to find out the problem and fix that one.

[quote2uisnh4u]Also, the index process results is not correct like i mentioned before.[/quote2uisnh4u]

By that, do you mean that the "index process" window doesn't display the names correctly? That's generally because the application itself doesn't support unicode, and since the server GUI application probably will be replaced by a web application instead for administration, it's nothing I'll look into very much. But I'll take a quick peek and see if I can do something.

Otherwise it works a little bit now then, at least D[/quote2uisnh4u][/quote2uisnh4u]

Both Index Process windows and indexed results.

For example, i have folder A and folder B.
When I switch one from the other in Web Player, I got the same results.
It is not showing the folder contents correctly.

Phil

19-01-2010 17:46:19

I miss the Last.fm Plugin who is it ?[/quote1i4guqek]

Did you enable it?

sean.dexter

20-02-2010 20:57:12

Hello Siit,

great work on this one!

I tested for the previous occuring skin bug when using the path directive and it works without any problems.

Further testing revealed that problems with SSL offloading (using Apache2 and Vibe Streamer 3.0.x) were fixed as well!

Now if I only could sort my tracks by genre mrgreen

If you need help testing specific features, just let me know!

Thanks for your work, it's highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Sean!

rouxster

22-02-2010 22:02:28

Siit, In one of your previous posts, I thought that I read that version 3.1 will have a download option for songs. I noticed that it is not in the beta, is this something you think will still be available in the final release of 3.1? Keep up the good work and thanks for all of your efforts.

Ryan

achar

26-02-2010 12:30:13

Hello,

Your work is highly appreciated.

I installed the beta version because suddenly the latest stable version stopped working. Mozilla returned a blank page, even in localhost. The same with other browsers. I must have installed some new version of a program (adobe?) which is to be blaimed.

The beta works, after fully uninstalling the stable version.

The beta version works with Greek names, but only in the "name", "search" and "shares" frame. It does not work in the Artist/Title/Album/Time frame, nor in the "now playing" frame on the left.

Thank you again for your excellent software.

siit

01-03-2010 09:42:48

[quote3tjwr3ba]The beta version works with Greek names, but only in the "name", "search" and "shares" frame. It does not work in the Artist/Title/Album/Time frame, nor in the "now playing" frame on the left. [/quote3tjwr3ba]

I'll look into it as soon as things calm down for me. I've got a few things that occupy most of my time atm so I haven't had time to fix it yet. thanks for the info.

fletcher

06-03-2010 05:52:04

Thank you for all the hard work put into this. It's a fantastic product, and has been my primary means of listening to music for some time now. It's easy to use, has a really slick interface, and I can even hook in my Last.fm! It's awesome software, which is why I chose to make a donation awhile ago. Everybody go do the same! It takes a ton of work to make something like this, and if you enjoy using it, show it! We should get this to the front page of digg (again) or reddit[/url27ym2bsr].

OK enough kissing ass. Is there a way that I can get my saved playlists on to my iPhone? Not over the air, but something like a conversion to the iTunes playlist format so I can just use iTunes to actually sync it. Something like that could hold me over until we get a [url=http://www.vibestreamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=402927ym2bsr]mobile client[/url27ym2bsr].

edit it didn't like my URL,
http//digg.com/software/Stream_your_en ... eb_browser!

linda8x11

09-04-2010 05:52:04

Thanks for the test data, it's really helpful and in order to make this work 100% I need more info from other people aswell, if possible.

CyberBaby If possible, can you try this Share a directory with an english path and english virtual name, but in it you have a single mp3 file named in traditional chinese. Can you play that? If not, type the name of the path, the virtual name and the filename (containing tradtitional chinese) here on the forum so I can recreate it on my own computer. Hopefully I can recreate the problem and fix it.[/quote3rgclec4]
oh my god!
i trybut it can't work
i don't realise any errors!
anyone help me?
thanks so much,

Macjohnny

25-04-2010 12:34:36

i miss the download feature that was on the earlier ver.
it would be nice if the download feature could be enabled in the admin settings...

and btw

Your work is highly appreciated.. i love it...

Alphonse

05-06-2010 08:43:53

Thanks for your work. I'm very love it.

It is my test results.
OS Windows 7 Traditional Chinese
Browsers Chrome, IE8, Firefox

Main Path English
Virtual Name English

Sub Path Traditional Chinese / Japanese
Mp3 Name Traditional Chinese / Japanese
Tab Traditional Chinese / Japanese

On this setting is all good.

clickr

08-06-2010 10:59:47

I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be really useful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here!

custom printed boxes[/url364q0uon]

sameerk

09-06-2010 07:46:14

Unmatchable converter Professional and useful and Extract videos or photos and add them into the MIC as Virtual DJ Studio designed for ease of Use Cheap.

book summaries[/url39bkgzx8]

vinay

09-06-2010 08:04:35

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

sweepstakes[/urlqdsxyrfu]

vinay

09-06-2010 08:16:17

Thanks for sharing this post. This is a very helpful and informative material. we wait for your future update,This so good stuff keep up the good work.

sweet 16 nj[/url2c7g8x9b]

clickr

10-06-2010 04:56:27

Nice to visit your forum. I will look forward for your future updates.
canon x25 toner[/url3maw26yt]

vinay

10-06-2010 07:22:19

SSL offloading relieves a Web server of the processing burden of encrypting and/or decrypting traffic sent via SSL, the security protocol that is implemented in every Web browser keep posting we will wait for your future updates.

Raleigh medical center[/urluoojtnj0]

Anonymous

15-06-2010 16:58:58

I'm stupid,still not clear how to install it. So do me a favor, step by step please.

hnn

18-07-2010 18:05:22

Since the UTF-8 implementation is difficult to test just by myself, I'd appreciate any feedback and especially from those of you that are from countries where languages extend further than the Latin1 character set or have music that haven't been able to index in a previous version of Vibe Streamer.
[/quote3qcukoow]

Hi, I tried the beta and the UTF-8 is working just fine! Tested on songs with japanese characters and some special ones such as š, ž, č, ř.

Thanks a lot, I love you!

billiebub

09-11-2010 01:25:29

Hi,

I first would like to say that I'm a big fan of Vibe Streamer for a long time now. I've also tried other mp3 servers out there like subsonic but nothing came close to vibe streamer. Simply love it. I have lots of Arabic music with different dialects. I noticed that Vibe Streamer displays Unicode directories just fine but ONLY if they don't contain nested Unicode directories. Unicode files inside Unicode directories are also OK and show up just fine. I tried removing the directory in question and readding it, reindexing but no luck.

Thanks again for the great app

Billie

billiebub

09-11-2010 18:49:05

Hi again,

I noticed "blank.gif" in resources/images folder is being referenced in the "online users" tab but the gif file is missing.

Billie

kento

21-03-2011 15:25:58

tryed to login at domain10500 (thats the port i test on and worked with the last release) but the beta gives me this
http//domain10500/login.vibe?target=/index.view
and then it showns the login page and after insert of username and password i get this
http//domain10500/index.view (with a page that says 404 Not Found
Page could not be found )

straw

10-04-2011 16:31:58

Dear siit,

Thanks for your hard working. I think your unicode only partially works when dealing with Chinese Characters.

For example, when I logon to Vibe server, I can see folders I've shared in a list (in Chinese)

Female singer (In Chinese)
Male singer (In Chinese)
Group (In Chinese)

But when I tried to click on Male (in Chinese Character ?), what it shows is Female singer folder, but the Female folder is fine to open. However, when I click some singers in Female's folder, sometimes, it gets the same problem as above. I think the problem is some Chinese characters are still unrecognized, so when you click on that folder, it will open the last folder above in the list (which is the last being recognized folder).

OS English Win7 Ultimate 64 bits
Browser IE 8

Thanks for your hard working again. I am looking forward to waiting for your perfect version of Vibe Streamer.

Straw

jannypan

17-05-2011 04:37:31

just one more suggestion in the sharing-tab it might be useful to add an option to refresh ALL shared directories at once. right now i have to select every folder seperately - right-click and hit Index...

journals

14-06-2011 11:50:11

Here are my test results. All tests are using mp3 with Chinese Tag Details.
OS Windows Server 2003 SP2 32Bits English

Microsoft Office 2010[/url29m7d75n] [url=http://www.buymssoftware.com/29m7d75n]Microsoft Office 2007[/url29m7d75n]

Imogen123

03-09-2011 10:39:42

However, I did another clean install and got the results below.

I could play Trad Chi Songs filename and Trad Chi Take the details of a folder or even in a subfolder, and with virtual name Trad Chi.

You can not index songs as Chi Trad.

Besides, updating the code? I wonder why my previous results.

William

25-10-2011 23:41:11

Hi

Any chance you will port to html 5?

Thanks
William

William

26-10-2011 16:53:40

Hi
Will the migration tool be ready soon?
(moving users etc. to new version)

Thanks