Vibe Streamer 3.0.2 released

siit

26-11-2009 18:34:08

Version 3.0.2 is now released.

[b1plk6gci]Important notices[/b1plk6gci]
- Some plugin settings made through the web client might be lost and will have to be reconfigured. The reason for this is due to an important refactoring that had to be done and I'm sorry for that, but it's better to have it done now than later on...

[b1plk6gci]This new version includes the following[/b1plk6gci]
- Added support for displaying cover art found in the ID3 metadata
- Fixed last.fm plugin encoding problem
- Added button to the web client for toggling the explorer
- Added setting to the web client for player buffer time
- Upgraded sqlite and taglib to latest versions
- Hot-fixed the server GUI to work slightly better with higher DPI setting
- Settings in the web client are now listed alphabetically
- UPnP is now working on Windows 7
- The metadata field "Track" is now available in the playlist

[b1plk6gci]Planned (Allthough not yet confirmed) so far for next version are the following[/b1plk6gci]
- Download option
- Utf-8 support
- Documentation for theming/plugins (sorry for the delay on this one)

Enjoy!

thiru06

26-11-2009 21:55:46

Nice, can't wait to update mine. Thank you for all the work & time you have put in!

Yukiko

27-11-2009 14:38:26

Thanks Siit!

I take it this will install over an existing version 3.x without the need for an uninstall of the previous version?

Phil

28-11-2009 00:11:07

I take it this will install over an existing version 3.x without the need for an uninstall of the previous version?[/quote2azirf2l]

Yes it will.

FTPMp3Repository

28-11-2009 03:58:41

Is there any way to possibly have the new install keep user settings files. I keep losing my settings every time i update. I assumed that by not uninstalling and rather updating over the original install that the settings would remain the same... I updated from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2

Can't wait to get my hands on modding some themes and plugins. Love to code and love the server =P. Can't wait for download feature too!

\\Edit I see that it didn't change my script mods, however it did overwrite modded imaging and did replace anonymous access in the sites.xml

siit

29-11-2009 10:51:00

[quote2ie6hf1e]I see that it didn't change my script mods, however it did overwrite modded imaging and did replace anonymous access in the sites.xml[/quote2ie6hf1e]

A Vibe Streamer installation will always overwrite script files and resorces, such as images. Otherwise you won't ever get the updates or changes done to those files. Although it should not overwrite the sites.xml file. That was a thing that had to be done for 3.0.2 and it should not happen anymore without the installation saying so.

Although you can actually change the scripts and resources of the web client itself, the correct way to make changes to existing functionality or replacing images is to create a theme that overrides existing look, or create a plugin that changes or adds new functionaliy. Although, as you probably know, I haven't had time to put together a guide for that yet.. but it's coming soon..

Yukiko

29-11-2009 11:02:22

I didn't have any trouble with this install eliminating my user and group settings. So that was nice.

MenoRikey

30-11-2009 04:17:17

The new settings button seems to be grayed out when I log in. Am I missing something? Thanks.

siit

30-11-2009 09:05:23

[quote39cq7524]I didn't have any trouble with this install eliminating my user and group settings. So that was nice.[/quote39cq7524]

Only sites.xml was overwritten in the 3.0.2 installation. Other than that, none of the configuration files (users.xml,shares.xml,server.xml) should be overwritten in any Vibe Streamer upgrade. If they ever will have to be, you will be notified during the installation that it's recommended to do a clean installation instead.

siit

30-11-2009 09:06:38

[quotedl0twrhg]The new settings button seems to be grayed out when I log in. Am I missing something? Thanks.[/quotedl0twrhg]

Only administrator users can change the settings in the web client. Go into the server GUI and edit a user, and make sure the new checkbox "administrator" is checked.

MenoRikey

30-11-2009 15:34:24

Got it. Man, I love this program.

liorvh

03-12-2009 19:56:24

OMG!!! UTF8 is really a good news!!
Thanks alot siit.

siit

04-12-2009 11:31:07

[quote1tpicx83]OMG!!! UTF8 is really a good news!!
Thanks alot siit.[/quote1tpicx83]

I started the UTF-8 implementation yesterday. I've got a busy period ahead of me at the moment so it will probably take a while, but I'll keep you updated (or you can simply check out my new twitter for additional Vibe Streamer micro-blogging.. and other stuff ))

MockY

04-12-2009 11:44:00

[quote1jziw3n5]
- Added support for displaying cover art found in the ID3 metadata
[/quote1jziw3n5]
Works perfectly. AWESOME!

[quote1jziw3n5]
- Fixed last.fm plugin encoding problem
[/quote1jziw3n5]
In the future, I would love some more integration. At least being able to save the login credentials, so you only have to log in to Vibestreamer. Maybe even top 10 listened bands or any other stats would fit under the LastFM logo

[quote1jziw3n5]
- Download option
[/quote1jziw3n5]
It would be preferable if this could be assigned per user or group basis.

[quote1jziw3n5]
- Utf-8 support
[/quote1jziw3n5]
The most extreme I go is Swedish, so I am in no way effected by this. However, it seems to be unbelievably sought after and I see why it is wanted.

[quote1jziw3n5]
Enjoy![/quote1jziw3n5]
This software is absolutely kiss ass, so heck yeah, I'm enjoying it.
Thanks a bunch for the update.

siit

04-12-2009 13:03:46

[quotexce314ox]Works perfectly. AWESOME! [/quotexce314ox]
Glad to hear! Nice to have something that works perfectly the first time for a change D

[quotexce314ox]In the future, I would love some more integration. At least being able to save the login credentials, so you only have to log in to Vibestreamer. Maybe even top 10 listened bands or any other stats would fit under the LastFM logo [/quotexce314ox]

I agree, I'd like a "log" of what's been scrobbled last as well as maybe get some of the artist info from last.fm. I'm not really sure what's the best way to store the last.fm though... before submitting to last.fm the password is md5 hashed, but I don't know if it's enough for vibe streamer to store the password in the users configuration file as an md5 hash.. so I have to check out some other applications that integrate with last.fm and see how they prefer to store the password before this can be done in a secure way..

[quotexce314ox]It would be preferable if this could be assigned per user or group basis. [/quotexce314ox]

Of course, it will be a setting in the web client. Actually the biggest problem I have now is to fit it nicely into the design.. I'm pretty picky when implementing new buttons and such.. it has to look good,.. always D

[quotexce314ox]The most extreme I go is Swedish, so I am in no way effected by this. However, it seems to be unbelievably sought after and I see why it is wanted. [/quotexce314ox]

Same here, but it's a much requested feature, as you say. Actually I'd say it's a bit embarrassing as a developer today to not develop and application that supports UTF-8.. but it was more of a time issue.. so I'll correct that mistake now ).. altough, as a start only the index (the shared files) will support UTF-8, meaning that usernames and passwords still will have to be latin1.. but I don't see much of a problem there actually.

[quotexce314ox]This software is absolutely kiss ass, so heck yeah, I'm enjoying it.
Thanks a bunch for the update.[/quotexce314ox]

Thanks, always glad to hear )

liorvh

09-12-2009 07:53:32

I started the UTF-8 implementation yesterday. I've got a busy period ahead of me at the moment so it will probably take a while, but I'll keep you updated (or you can simply check out my new twitter for additional Vibe Streamer micro-blogging.. and other stuff ))[/quotejsr9or5l]

yay!!!!
can't wait for the UTF8!!
Thanks alot siit.

CyberBaby

21-12-2009 16:13:21

Looking forward to UTF-8 support!!! Thanks for all your work!!!!

journals

14-06-2011 11:51:38

I’m pleased for this beneficial excellent page; this is a form of subject that sustains me although out the day.We’ve normally heard been lately wanting near to in your web-site right immediately after I observed about these from a shut buddy and was delighted when I was inside a placement to acquire it adhering to wanting out for some time.

Microsoft Office 2010[/url11jpf7v8] [url=http://www.buymssoftware.com/11jpf7v8]Microsoft Office 2007[/url11jpf7v8]

Imogen123

15-08-2011 05:31:15

Vibe Streamer Setup always replaces the script file and resorces, such as images. Otherwise, it will never receive updates or changes to these files. Although not intended to replace the file sites.xml. It 'was something that was 3.0.2 and that does not happen again without installing it this way.

Although you can actually change the scripts and client resources Web itself, the correct way to make changes to the functionality or image replacement is to create a theme that prevails existing look or create a plugin that adds or changes functionaliy again. Although, as you probably know, I have not had time to develop a guide for this yet .. but soon ..