Vibe Streamer 3.0.1 preview

siit

22-10-2009 09:45:57

Hi!

I thought I'd let you all know that I'm currently testing a beta of the upcoming version 3.0.1.

Version 3.0.1 is primary focused on minor bug fixes and preparations for theming and plugin development. While theming and plugins are possible already in version 3.0.0, not everything was well structured and worked out the way I thought it should be.

When version 3.0.1 is released I will put a guide out on the web site with some info on how to develop themes (css/photoshop) and plugins (javascript) for Vibe Streamer 3.

One of the major features in version 3.0.1 is the "settings" button in the web client, which replaces the user/group "options" seen before in the server gui. These settings require that a user is set as an "administrator", which you are able to set through the server gui. The settings can be set on a user/group level and are used by the web client as well as any plugins developed for it and is an important function for further development.

[img3t1aaslj]http://www.vibestreamer.com/temp/forum-3.0.1-settings.jpg[/img3t1aaslj]

Anyways, that's all the news for now. I'll keep testing and pretty soon I'll have the version out for you.

flux

22-10-2009 10:05:46

Cool! 8)

Yukiko

22-10-2009 13:49:03

Looks great Siit.

thiru06

22-10-2009 18:16:53

wow looks awesome. Great job!

Phil

22-10-2009 18:55:19

Thanks for the update Siit.

MockY

23-10-2009 00:03:19

That is something I did not even think of. Being able to do some administering without having to RDP into the server is a great plus.

Thanks for the update.

anne

24-10-2009 16:04:33

Hi,

I have had an idea? Whilst you are trying something that flows from the server to all connected, i was thinking that when the music plays i see in the player which number currently plays, but in the playlist there is no change.... So, is it possible to change the playlist along with the current running song?

I should first say that you, and evrybody on this project, made a simple man's dream come through! Thank you. I shall make some propaganda on our website so you know more peeps know this product of yours.
If you do not wish me to do that, let me know... I'll read this forum reggie...
Good luck!

B-22

26-10-2009 20:49:00

hey siit , i seen in your image that you can trigger browser caching on/of is there a way to do it in this current version 3.0 something like <meta http-equiv="Cache-control" content="public"> dont know if this tagline is right ?

siit

26-10-2009 22:10:27

[quotefjx9oc61]hey siit , i seen in your image that you can trigger browser caching on/of is there a way to do it in this current version 3.0 something like <meta http-equiv="Cache-control" content="public"> dont know if this tagline is right[/quotefjx9oc61]

The cache headers sent when listening to a song are sent without the possibility for you to add any headers on any html page, so no, it won't be possible to do it that way. For 3.0.1 I've implemented support for the "ShareHandler" that sends you the music to skip any headers related to caching, doing whatever the client wants it to... that's the way it will work (pretty much like it did in version 2.x)

liorvh

30-10-2009 14:50:15

Can't wait already...!! great job siit!! this app is just getting better and better OMG.. Thanks very much!

hope that UTF8 support is on your priority list.. oh, and iphone support also would be awesome!

tnx tnx tnx tnx tnx!!

Phil

30-10-2009 16:06:46

oh, and iphone support also would be awesome![/quote8f6mdnot]

Not going to happen unless Flash is brought to the iPhone. Javascript support may even be an issue as well. Believe me though, I would like iPhone support as well.

siit

30-10-2009 20:49:42

[quote7e2mhtqx]hope that UTF8 support is on your priority list.. oh, and iphone support also would be awesome![/quote7e2mhtqx]

UTF8 for shared files is high on my prio list.

[quote7e2mhtqx]Not going to happen unless Flash is brought to the iPhone. Javascript support may even be an issue as well. Believe me though, I would like iPhone support as well.[/quote7e2mhtqx]

Well actually I've been playing around with an iphone solution and at the moment I've got it working fine for accessing your library iphone-style and playing a single tune at a time.. it might even be possible to create temporary playlists and have the iphone play them.. although without real-time transcoding it's not much fun, since the iphone is a bit picky on which mp3's it can play aswell..

But anyways, after 3.0.1 (since it requires that version) I'll hand it out on the forum and you can play around with it if you want... just don't expect it to be superadvanced, just take it as a play-around thingie for now, but maybe it can grow to something better with others helping out..

Phil

30-10-2009 20:57:16

iPhone support at any level right now would be superb! Thanks, Siit.

siit

02-11-2009 14:02:47

Update I ran into some issues with 3.0.1 that had to be fixed. I'll have it out for you soon enough.

stone76567

18-10-2010 05:22:48

hi to all..
thanks for all the information ive learned in this site..
btw this is my first visit in this site..
and thanks for accepting me..
thanks a lot and God Bless..

wolf_says

27-10-2010 19:59:05

It looks good Siit D