Feature Request: Parent Directory Link (Version 3.X)

Phil

19-10-2009 21:28:54

I believe this was requested in another thread, but I thought it worthy of requesting again. When browsing folders it would be nice if a parent directory link was in included in the bottom-right folder/file pane at the top of the folder/file list. I often drill down in folders only to find that I have no way back other than to click on the parent folder in the directory tree.

Alternately and probably more difficult to implement would be to keep the left directory tree in sync with the right folder/file list pane. So as one drills down in folders the directory tree updates with the current selection.

MockY

19-10-2009 23:09:37

I second that.
This is especially useful when using the search function. Once you have gone into a folder, there is no way of getting back up so you end up having to search for the same term again. Like Phil mentioned, the best would be if the right pane was in sync with the left pane and not just the other way around.

thiru06

19-10-2009 23:30:41

I believe it's been requested in another thread, but I thought it worthy of requesting again. When browsing folders it would be nice if a parent directory link was in included in the bottom-right folder/file pane at the top of the folder/file list. I often drill down in folders only to find that I have no way back other than to click on the parent folder in the directory tree.

Alternately and probably more difficult to implement would be to keep the left directory tree in sync with the right folder/file list pane. So as one drills down in folders the directory tree updates with the current selection.[/quote335pclw1]

+1 I would like that options too )

dirk6665

03-02-2010 05:31:02

This was also going to be my feature request. It would be SUPER if Vibe Streamer could have something as simplistic as a parent directory button, but better yet would be a complete path list... example

My Music -> Chris Botti -> Italia

This way you can traverse to the artist root directory location if desired without having to go through the search or start at the root.

In addition, one other feature I would like to request is an Alphabetical Index. I mean if Vibe is going to index the song library, why not embrace that engineering and use it to its fullest? In fact, two Alphabetical indexes (song / artist) would really do the trick.

Artist A B C D E F G ... etc. you get the point (I hope).

Lovin' the Vibe...