Search module : search file and tag ?

neoslaker

23-09-2009 15:28:10

Hi,

It's possible that the search module is avalaible for search in files, and in tag ?

Actually the search works only with the filename, not with tag
It's a problem when you have a bad filename like "track01.mp3" and tag is good

Maybe its a good idea ?

Thanks and long life to vibestreamer )

thiru06

23-09-2009 20:45:22

Hi,

It's possible that the search module is avalaible for search in files, and in tag ?

Actually the search works only with the filename, not with tag
It's a problem when you have a bad filename like "track01.mp3" and tag is good

Maybe its a good idea ?

Thanks and long life to vibestreamer )[/quote3i1srw88]

Hey Buddy,

I've brought up the same question. But I think, looking from developer perspective, it would take very long to populate search result because it would have to scan through all the files and would take longer to index file.

I use Tag&Rename program to rename files from IDTag to File or File to IDTags. I would rename the file as Artist - Title. Then vibe streamer would pick it up just fine.

siit

25-09-2009 07:14:22

[quote3o484eav]I've brought up the same question. But I think, looking from developer perspective, it would take very long to populate search result because it would have to scan through all the files and would take longer to index file.[/quote3o484eav]

Actually, the new indexing engine makes it possible to search tags without any performance issues. So this is very possible and is on my todo list for a later version.

thiru06

25-09-2009 18:26:00

[quotepp59nobh]I've brought up the same question. But I think, looking from developer perspective, it would take very long to populate search result because it would have to scan through all the files and would take longer to index file.[/quotepp59nobh]

Actually, the new indexing engine makes it possible to search tags without any performance issues. So this is very possible and is on my todo list for a later version.[/quotepp59nobh]

Awesome, can't wait! Thanks!