API/ Way for Vibe to accept POST/GET inputs

madman22

28-07-2008 05:23:53

i briefly read through the manual and im pretty sure that this doesn't exist yet. I think it would be a good idea for Vibe Streamer to be able to accept inputs.

What i mean is, say you have vibe setup on a server and you manage multiple artists. What i would like to do is have a link on the artists website that tells Vibe Streamer to login as a certain user automatically so they will be able to listen ONLY to that one artist.

And maybe set it up so it automatically logs in as a user that can listen to all the music, but automatically start a specific playlist. This way the user initially doesnt have to select any music to add to the playlist, but they have the choice of adding some.

ex
[code3qelgnxd]
http://www.domain.com/vibestreamer/index.vibe?user=admin&password=pword&playlist=PinkFloyd
[/code3qelgnxd]
would take you to the PinkFloyd playlist using user admin.

Or would it be easier to create a skin for each user that automatically logs in and starts a playlist? But you'd still have to have a way to tell Vibe Streamer what username to login as.

Thanks and great work on Vibe Streamer. I'm looking forward to the next releases.

PS I've been looking for a good online music player for a couple years now and ran into Vibe only recently. I really like what was done with it. It is hands down the best online music player i have seen. Ease of use and amazing features are hard things to find in one package.

If you ever need any help with anything, i'd be willing to lend a hand. Im not the best programmer, but i can get stuff done.

siit

28-07-2008 21:01:29

That's not a bad idea really. It's nothing I'll focus on right now but I'll add it to the "idea" list )

CoDEmanX

05-08-2008 08:01:40

if i understand your problem, you could create a user account for each artist and only share the files you want for every single user.