Porting to XBMC (Xbox media Centre)

bigbloke

02-03-2007 11:57:45

The Xbox Media centre project (XBMC) turns an outdated, games platform into a SERIOUSLY good , award winning multimedia jukebox that can be made very "living room friendly" unlike HTPCs which keep trying (bless 'em) but struggle to obtain the necessary CoWC (Certificate of Wife Compliance) ;-) as they end up incorporating too many fans, having to boot into windows first, etc.

full spec at

http//www.xboxmediacenter.com/

Like Vibestreamer , XBMC is a FANTASTIC project and deserves every accolade, but although it already has remote control of local playback by inbuilt webserver, it does not have the ability to stream content in the manner that Vibestreamer does.

Similarly, XBMC does not function as an SMB server so I can't use it as a mapped data source to work with Vibestreamer on my LAN .

To have the functionality of vibestreamer within xbmc would close off this one significant "hole" in what XBMC does.

I would LOVE to see some inter project co-operation [b2h7wx28d]to bring these two excellent solutions together into one world beating product[/b2h7wx28d]

Regards

BB

siit

03-03-2007 02:04:25

XBMC sure is a great software and the perfect reason to wash away all the dust from the old xbox and start using it again ]

Although bringing these two worlds together would be like developing an entirely new software from my side and I already got quite a lot to do to fill up my spare time, so I think I'm gonna have to pass on this one /

cheers
//siit