Yet another feature request post

BerryP

23-10-2006 11:19:09

I have just started using this software and I have to say, it is the best I have used to date. And supporting Opera is just great. I have seen a lot of web interfaces that only work in IE or firefox because poeple just can't be bothered. My only comments are the following

- I have seen requests for drag and drop and this would make adding files to the playlist so much easier.

- The ability to add whole folders rather than having to add each file individually. I usually play whole albums rather than selections of tracks and having to click on each file in the folder is annoying and some of my albums have a lot of tracks. Also if I want to add multiple albums to the playlist/now playing list this would be very time consuming.

- Server-side playlists would be a nice feature as well.

By the way; very nice design on the vibestreamer website (and the stream interface of course). So many free projects have naff websites and it is refreshing to see the work put into presentation.

I look forward to future versions and new features.

BerryP

23-10-2006 13:16:57

I just noticed the plus button on the right hand side against each folder so that feature already exists )

Only thing is it is on the far right. I think it would be better to have it on the left (and maybe say add rather than + to avoid confusion and have the same on the file list for consistancy) in front of the folder name. Also it would be nice to be able to add groups of folders rather than only folders that contain music files. When using desktop media players I often choose to add all albums for an artist in one click. Mabye that is being too picky but no harm in mentioning it. I am a web systems developer myself and although the code is the most important aspect of a project I believe the interface to be very important. Bells and whistles (as long as they are not overwhelming or confusing) just add to the user experience.

OK, I'm done.

g8trtim

23-10-2006 16:43:10

the placement of the "plus sign" is controlled by the skin config. There have been skins created that place the icon to the left of the album folder. if you select your top level folder, you can add all albums by an artist already.