Adding a 'Video Player'

hck-dev

18-10-2006 23:21:48

Hi, Im Cureently Developing Many things for Vibe Streamer (and that fla would help!).

I Just wanted to say that, it would be easy to implement a video player, and on-the-fly encoding

example
http//www.videospark.com/index.php?ssp=24

but it uses flv, but im working on it.
currently finished a Mac Tiger Skin, and a Visulisation Plugin in Flash

crimson

19-10-2006 22:37:09

How many people have the available (upstream) bandwidth needed to stream video in real-time?

hck-dev

19-11-2006 18:47:15

How many people have the available (upstream) bandwidth needed to stream video in real-time?[/quote3p9tha3o]

uhmmm.... Google, Youtube??

emory

04-07-2007 03:12:01

well then what would be the point.. if only google and big companies have hte upbandwith to stream video in real-time, you're already on the internet, just go there then. I don't see any practical uses in this for streaming my own 150 gigs+ of videos. Could be wrong though. I just don't know how it would be possible.

Zero3Cool

31-08-2007 20:14:54

I follow both you guys.

A video version of Vibe would be a good idea. However, as said, typical end-user internet connections are not fast enough yet to make that reality. In a couple of years perhaps. YouTube is not exactly the same thing as that is a public library of videos where Vibe is private at a much smaller scale (for not to mention that YouTube and that kind of sites re-encodes your videos to a very por quality).

In the end, Vibe is meant to be a music streamer, right? (Say "Vibe" out loud ;)). I think it should keep on that track and become good at that, instead of trying to be a media center - we already got plenty of those.

siit

31-08-2007 20:54:13

My own interest is mainly in keeping Vibe Streamer for music. So my own goal is to improve it's usage in that area before anything else. And on the encoding bit I'm much more interested in a good solution for realtime encoding audio files before I even look into video.. and as Zero sais, it's not meant as a media center, it's meant as a simple music server.. although my own point of view is to try to develop it in order to make it possible for people to expand it into something more advanced, if that is their wish.. we'll see what the future brings..

B-22

25-08-2008 13:31:16

OR!! you can use [url1yp2ppiv]http://potaro.com/[/url1yp2ppiv] wink

Odin

20-12-2008 00:34:26

Or weezo[/url26mhpzxm] with on-the-fly encoding for audio and video.
Try it, you can get some ideas.
It uses Apache+PHP+FFMPEG, but don't have a bandwidth limiter like vibe streamer.

B-22

31-12-2008 15:11:15

or stream your favorite music channel idea and make a link in your vibe streamer

[urlgrwhr8gn]http://radiob-22tv.weebly.com/[/urlgrwhr8gn]

[urlgrwhr8gn]http://b-22.ontvangt.nl[/urlgrwhr8gn] 8)
username&password= 22

spicy_puerto_rican

22-10-2010 07:12:59

I think the streaming videos part would be a great implication to VS cuz I've got a 500GB external HD with over half of the space as strictly DVD movies in DVD quality. For me, it'd be nice to go anywhere like school, a friend's house, vacation, etc. and watch my movies.

Here's a side thought though..... maybe, just maybe have the VS HQ servers acquire the streaming capability by secured and monitored networks but act like www.seemovies4free.com's servers, strictly for streaming? ......... (watch "pirated" movies that are currently in theaters like Resident Evil Afterlife and others like Gremlins that have been out for a while/long time)^.

Here's how I would have it work
Instead of having to download the movie you could stream only 1 movie (with possibly 1 more movie in queue) at a time. You would click on a link that would redirect you to the VS HQ server that would require you to enter the log-in info you used in your browser to access your own media and enter that same log-in info on the server's site OR it would require you to retype the computer generated code in those little boxes above its blank space (like it did here on the VS site to register as a user). Then after a successful log-in the VS HQ server site would redirect you back to your VS program where you can stream the movie. Finally, the VS program we all use would give you the option to play the movie in a web-based player in your browser, like Mozilla's DivX Web Player Plugin, inside the program or let you play the movie using an external player like WMP/DivX player and the like. Therefore, if security is an issue it can be monitored by yourself as the Administrator AND by the VS HQ company people and/or their servers. So basically granting streaming access using log-in info that is saved on their servers where once you log in once, you have the option to save the log-in info like you can with IE or Mozilla but in addition you would also have the option of changing the password on the same VS HQ server's Log-in screen if needed.