Run the Streamer as a service...

brady

09-08-2006 21:21:51

Microsoft updated my machine lastnight and rebooted it for me... (thank you microsoft for making sure I didn't have any unsaved files) anyway I had to log on remotly and start the server back up, so one idea for the future would be a service mode o)

siit

09-08-2006 22:36:42

There are a couple of threads about this issue I think.
But I'd recommend you to try out any of the programs out there that can turn any application into a service. For example FireDaemon..

Anyone know of others and have tried, please post it here.
Also, if you solve it and manage to run VibeStreamer as a service without any problem, write a guide and I'll make it a sticky.

crimson

29-08-2006 11:34:58

Does your system auto-login? You could add it to your Start Menu -> Startup folder.

brady

29-08-2006 18:24:36

Good suggestion for the conventional user, no my server does not because it's part of a local domain strange to have a domain at home but I do ;o) but good suggestion anyway

rkillcrazy

07-09-2006 14:55:06

Mine starts up fine & shows the window no problem. However, I always minimize it to the system tray. How can I set that to happen [i2f4bsimi]automagically[/i2f4bsimi] so I don't have to always minimize it to the tray?

Amish

08-09-2006 17:56:48

nircmd - www.nirsoft.net

rkillcrazy

08-09-2006 22:59:44

nircmd - www.nirsoft.net[/quote3az5qsxn]

I looked through the list of switches and did see anything that would help me.....unless I missed something. ?

Amish

09-09-2006 14:27:56

Run this command

nircmd win close stitle "Vibe Streamer"

And there ya go.

rkillcrazy

09-09-2006 14:43:15

Run this command

nircmd win close stitle "Vibe Streamer"

And there ya go.[/quote1twjpp7r]

OK, that worked but, while testing, it tried to close mi IE7 window as well. I'm hoping this won't pose a problem if I add this to the startup directory. Do you use this method?

Amish

09-09-2006 15:55:55

No I dont use this method, if it tried to close IE try to use this

nircmd win close title "Vibe Streamer"

But yeah make a batch script

eg.

C\Prog.......\vibe.exe
nircmd win close title "Vibe Streamer"

And it should work.

xantes

02-06-2010 01:10:10

There are a couple of threads about this issue I think.
But I'd recommend you to try out any of the programs out there that can turn any application into a service. For example FireDaemon..

Anyone know of others and have tried, please post it here.
Also, if you solve it and manage to run VibeStreamer as a service without any problem, write a guide and I'll make it a sticky.[/quotelj7o8mpk]

There is actually this possibility by installing this small jewel application called "runassvc"(http//www.pirmasoft.com/runassvc.php). The rest is very detailed in its readme file within the downloadable zip file. I am using it as I am writing this post in Win 7 so if it's working in Win 7 it MUST work in XP, Vista and why not even in Win Server 2003!