Vibe Streamer for Music Entertainment Websites (Linux Based)

mattchicago

10-09-2012 08:57:07

Hello,

Well i have been using vibe streamer for a while now mostly on my home computer since i use my laptop out and connect to my computer to listen to my music collection and also i let DJS i know use my vibe streamer to access my music content since i have a lot of music most people do not have remix wise, white label and other songs that are pretty difficult to get (perks of the music industry i guess).

Well here is something i been pulling my hair out since i know this program could do great justice to DJS, and people who play music for a living, or people from home who just want to listen to music for parties and other functions. I was thinking the following.

1. linux Centos install or compatible (non wine) i was thinking that for example how teamspeak has there linux version where everything for settings is in a ini file for the settings, it would set the server "home folder" for the music database as in /var/www/vhost/domainname/httpdocs/musicfolder/ then it would automatically index the songs every say week for updating. you can set inbound and outbound ip's and change ports in the ini file as in if you have dedicated ip address(s) and it would have your other settings for username, password, groups, limitations on connections or bandwidth etc.

2. crossdomain url for more music to add to player, say i have 3 music sites in the config file possibly a setting where you can add the url for the directory of music on the other website, or even possibly a database file where it will pull music if your site is database driven.

3. copyright compliance stuff (well as you know a lot of people would use this to share pirated music or however you spin it) but possibly a feature where it would be like a "restricted download access" only streaming" and also talent can register on the player and upload there own songs as well. basically it would give i-tunes a run for its money that is for sure if someone is able to make some slight changes to this program.

I love what you all are doing but that is just my thoughts.

Respectfully
Matthew Nalett
Chicago Music Promotions
http//www.chicagomusicpromotions.com