No Access to Shared Folders / Can't make playlist

misterjk

30-03-2010 19:08:06

I installed and can access Vibe Streamer 3.02 but when I access it I can't make a playlist or access shared folders. The shared folders appear on the GUI but clicking on them only brings up a quick flash then nothing.

Installed on Windows 2000 Server and attempted access form Vista home premium

Now that I have this installed and have access, how do I make a playlist?

thiru06

30-03-2010 23:46:03

It's quite simple, to enable play list, log in using one of the admin account on the website. You will see setting (bottom left, next to log out), click that and select the user name or group you want to enable play list, and place a tick on the "Playlist Enable" option and type in "true" where it says "false". Hit save and refresh your website and you will see the play list function.

You can drag and drop mp3s or folder to make play list....

Hope this helps.. enjoy and good luck!

misterjk

31-03-2010 05:23:29

Thanks for the pointers. I also missed the "indexing" issue on the server setting side of things. My shared folders were set to index every 60 minutes. I changed this to every minute.
Everything is well now and I've got the hang of making playlists.

Thanks for helping this "newbie"

Best Regards from

Jonathan

thiru06

01-04-2010 17:29:46

Any time, I'm glad you've got it working, however, you might want set the indexing time a bit higher. 1 minute might be too soon for indexing.

I set 5 days for the folders where the mp3s don't change much. and i set 1 day for the folders where mp3 changes frequently.