VibeStreamer... halp?

Swivelgames

31-07-2008 00:07:41

Hey all,

I just want to get a real quick definition of what this program is...

I opened it up and it didn't look like any audio streamer I had ever seen, although I'm not too familiar with audio streaming software. Does this stream your sound? and allow users to listen to it via your ip and the specified port? or does this act like a file server and host your music files?

kjparenteau

31-07-2008 01:18:50

Its more of the file server and allows access type. What it does is you run the software on whatever PC you have your music on. You tell the software where it is, and what port to run on and such. Also set up the user accounts and everything. What that does is allows you to access your entire music collection that you've specified the software to have access to, from anywhere you have web browsing capabilities.

It provides a navigation of the music shares you create, and lets you create playlists of sons and stream them from your home (where your music is) to your web browser at say your office. That's a rough idea, and there's more to it, but that's the basics of what it does.

I have my entire music collection on a PC here at home, running Vibe on whatever port I want. When at my office, I punch in my home IP address and the port into my web browser and I can access my entire collection via remote. Hope that helps.