Just checking - no upload to server of any kind?

SirKeats

05-07-2007 18:00:14

I'm pretty sure everything remains local on my home computer... but I'm shopping around for a streaming solution for my music collection and so many of them out there seem to have something where your collection-listing is held on a server somewhere (for fast indexing i guess).

So I just want to confirm... nothing is uploaded anywhere with vibe streamer right? Obviously files remain on my computer... but no information is stored on any sort of vibe-streamer server right (e.g. collection listing, etc.)?

Thanks! Assuming the answer to the above question is no... looks like Vibe Streamer is going to be my solution!

Zero3Cool

31-08-2007 19:55:48

I don't quite understand what you are asking. I'll try to explain what IS stored on the server and the client though

When a user listens to a track, the Vibe server will log it if enabled in options.

When a user listens to a track, he will download the .mp3 file directly from the Vibe server and it will be stored in your browser's cache/temp folder (depending on browser settings). After some time (if your browser settings are messed up, like the IE default ones) you may therefore have several hundred MBs of .mp3s laying around in your temp folder.. Which is kind of "unsafe" privacy-wise. FireFox, for example, have a much lower cache limit and will therefore delete the .mp3s to make room for other stuff much quicker.