Blank page upon logging in remotely

rswafford

13-04-2010 18:48:32

Hi all, I just stumbled across this software, and it looks great -- I'm hoping to use it from my office, but I can't get it to load in my browser. It loads fine on my computer at home, but at work I get a blank screen with the "Loading Vibe Streamer..." message.

I have a screenshot of the Firebug console I'm getting -- several JavaScript errors it appears
[img4iskz8mk]http://the-barnyard.net/images/vibestreamer.jpg[/img4iskz8mk]

Any ideas?

Phil

15-04-2010 22:33:04

I'd wager you're company's firewall is blocking the connection.

rswafford

15-04-2010 22:35:21

Hmm...could be, I suppose... is there any way to tell if that's actually the issue? Can VibeStreamer be routed to a different port?

Edit Huh...that seems to be the problem -- I had it running on port 85...swapped it to port 80 and appears to work like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion.

Phil

15-04-2010 22:38:40

Yes, you can change the port under the Settings tab. I'd try to connect remotely from a PC not behind an office firewall.

Razzmata77

06-12-2011 18:11:56

I get the same problem, and more or less the same JS errors after I log in. From the server it sees the login, and then gives a timeout after 90 seconds.

I have vibestreamer running on a virtual machine (Windows Server 2008). I added an Inbound Rule on the windows firewall for vibestreamer. The vibestreamer port (12842) is forwarded to this virtual machine on my router.

It worked without a problem for some time, until my router failed and I had to replace it. Now it's set up almost identical to how it was before. The only difference is that all ip's changed (from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.0.x). The weird thing is that it can't really be a router problem, since I get the exact same problem if I connect to the server from an other computer in the network, or even locally. Even if I turn off the windows firewall completely, it still doesn't work.

Any thoughts?