CPU Load

hood

18-01-2010 22:50:56

Hello,

First, I really like the program Vibe Streamer, thanks for making this program and share it with us.

I'm using vibe streamer for one months now, my share map is around the 380gb of music and have 10 friends who are using the pogram.

But now my media server is at 50% of his load (it is a E6600 (dual core)) even when there is now user. Can anyone explaine to me what the problem is?

Sorry for my english, i'm from the Netherlands roll

Thanks

Phil

19-01-2010 17:36:33

Welcome Hood! While I can't answer your question it would be useful to know more about your system. What operating system are you running? What version of Vibe Streamer are you running? What events lead up to the high CPU usage?

There was an earlier version of Vibe Streamer that had high CPU issues. This was fixed in a new release.

hood

20-01-2010 12:52:52

hi. thanks for reading my problem.

im running windows home server and i have the newest version(not the beta) of vibe streamer instaled on my server.

i hope you can help me with this problem.

Verci

30-01-2010 12:14:09

Just to note, I also run the latest version on Home server and I don't have that issue.

dakotajones

23-07-2010 19:59:28

hi. thanks for reading my problem.

im running windows home server and i have the newest version(not the beta) of vibe streamer instaled on my server.

i hope you can help me with this problem.[/quote395497nn]

Hood, i'm running XP with 4gb ram and am having the same issue with the new vibestreamer version...the old version 2.06 didn't have this issue.

any solution to the problem yet?

Doranwen

19-01-2011 10:51:01

(This is months old, but as far as I can tell, the problem still exists, and it's bugged me enough to find the forum here and see if people have ideas.)

I suspect you have a dual core system, dakotajones, because I've observed the same behavior on my dual core laptop--it sucked up an ENTIRE CPU (50%), and now on my quad core desktop it still sucks up an entire CPU (which translates into only 25% now, but still a little crazy). It's interesting to watch in Process Explorer. To just start up the program doesn't do it, only when starting the music server.

To note, I have XP Home and am running version 3.0.2, which is the latest released version. I don't recall having this issue with an earlier version either.

siit

19-01-2011 11:51:24

Can you try downloading the 3.1.0 beta? See the forum or the news on www.vibestreamer.com news for a download link

Doranwen

19-01-2011 18:42:30

No sign of the CPU load issue with the beta version--VibeStreamer hardly makes a dent in the CPU load. Am I able to just copy all my settings over there (users and shared dirs. and all) and use that until a final release comes out, then? I've quit using the current released version because of the CPU issue, but if the beta's mostly pretty good, I'd go with that.

siit

20-01-2011 00:48:20

The 3.1.0 beta should work just fine. The reason it was released as a beta in the first place was because of the new UTF-8 support that had to be properly tested before an official release.

Silver45

21-01-2011 03:02:32

Thanks for sharingg great information!!
Godspeed!