Windows 7?

BrienBear

18-11-2009 23:30:39

Hey guys

Do you know if this works overall for Windows 7? Or have any suggestions?

So I have checked that I have an open port (8081) and I've checked from the outside and the port is open per http//www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I can connect to the vibe streamer inside the network, but not out. I've checked on the same computer and a different computer inside the network with no go (

I'm using a redirector that is getting updated (can ping) from dyndns.org .

Any thoughts?

BrienBear

18-11-2009 23:34:25

Oh also - the windows firewall is turned off. I've tried it both set to 0.0.0.0 port 8081 and to the local IP port 8081. I also put the machine in the DMZ and... nothing! Gah!

Phil

19-11-2009 16:49:45

It works fine on Windows 7 Professional for me. I had to do nothing to 7 in order to get it to work. The fact that it works on the host PC, but not from other PCs connected to your LAN would indicate either a problem with your network (sharing between PCs) or you have some sort of 3rd-party firewall blocking the connection. I'd focus getting it to work on your LAN before moving onto WAN support.

Edit I actually did have to allow a Windows firewall exception for the vibestreamer.exe.

BrienBear

19-11-2009 17:11:43

Oops I screwed that up.

[quoterquw43t4]I can connect to the vibe streamer inside the network, but not out. I've checked on the same computer and a different computer inside the network with no go [/quoterquw43t4]

I shouldn't work and post on the intarwebs at the same time. It should say

[quoterquw43t4]I can connect to the vibe streamer inside the network, but not out. I've checked on the same computer and a different computer inside the network and it works, but outside the network its a no-go ( [/quoterquw43t4]

MockY

19-11-2009 19:38:01

*I need to read OP more carefully*