Logging / Loading Albums

builderbloke

23-10-2009 10:46:14

Vibe Streamer created a log the day it was installed but hasn't logged anything since. In Settings it suggests editing the site xml for logging - but it isn't clear as to how to do that when you open the XML file - or is this a bug?

Also - is there anyway to load complete albums with one click like the old Vibe Streamer instead of having to click on every track?

Thanks

siit

23-10-2009 11:14:43

[quotec8a1s58r]Vibe Streamer created a log the day it was installed but hasn't logged anything since. In Settings it suggests editing the site xml for logging - but it isn't clear as to how to do that when you open the XML file - or is this a bug? [/quotec8a1s58r]

Editing the XML file is just for enabling access logging, and I gotta agree that it isn't easy to understand by the lack of into the gui gives you, but that's not want you want to enable anyways.. regular logging is done to the "logs" directory that is located in the dir where you installed vibe streamer.

[quotec8a1s58r]Also - is there anyway to load complete albums with one click like the old Vibe Streamer instead of having to click on every track?[/quotec8a1s58r]

The Vibe Streamer 3 web client supports drag & drop, so just drag the folder to the playlist. Also note that it nowdays support shift and ctrl-click for more specific selections.. enjoy!

builderbloke

23-10-2009 11:46:20

Thanks for the prompt reply Slit - in fact I have just discovered I was more stupid than that. In settings when I clicked the 'Browse' button to set the path to the logs file on my drive it ended.../logs/

I had failed to realise that I needed to add /server-%y%m%d.log

so it should have looked like .../logs/server-%y%m%d.log

I never said I was clever - but posted this just incase somebody else is as stupid as me lol

Thanks for the album tip too.

siit

23-10-2009 12:50:01

hehe no worries ) glad to hear that you got it working now