Server could not be started - Invalid connector

Craig

20-10-2009 06:55:59

Hello,

I just installed Vibe Streamer on a Windows 2008 Server and I'm getting Server could not be started - Invalid connector when I try to Start the service. I've looked through the fourms but was unable to find anything. Any help would be great.

Also, how do I setup Vibe Streamer to use the no-ip.com? and can a user save a playlist in the client?

thiru06

20-10-2009 19:41:23

Hello,

I just installed Vibe Streamer on a Windows 2008 Server and I'm getting Server could not be started - Invalid connector when I try to Start the service. I've looked through the fourms but was unable to find anything. Any help would be great.

Also, how do I setup Vibe Streamer to use the no-ip.com? and can a user save a playlist in the client?[/quote3tthe5rs]

Hey Craig,

Since your running server 2008 and you are doing a default install of vibe stramer3 which uses port 8081; Double check your server 2008 and make sure it's not using port 8081 for any other applications. Try running vibe streamer3 on other port and see if it would start. You should also check that VS3 is not running more than once for example, if it's already running in service it will not start on the same port.

for your no-ip. You would want to subscribe to dynamic dsn service.
http//www.no-ip.com/services/managed_d ... c_dns.html
It looks like you would have to install a client from no-ip to updated your ip address every time it changes.

I use service from http//www.dyndns.com/, I use my router setting so that the ip address automatically updates from router rather than a client on local pc.

Play list.

to allow your client to save play list, just make sure you have enabled playlist option from user edit menu and options and enable playlist plugin.

Craig

22-10-2009 04:36:41

Hello,

Also, how do I setup Vibe Streamer to use the no-ip.com? and can a user save a playlist in the client?[/quotequi7s89b]

Hey Craig,

Since your running server 2008 and you are doing a default install of vibe stramer3 which uses port 8081; Double check your server 2008 and make sure it's not using port 8081 for any other applications. Try running vibe streamer3 on other port and see if it would start. You should also check that VS3 is not running more than once for example, if it's already running in service it will not start on the same port.

for your no-ip. You would want to subscribe to dynamic dsn service.
http//www.no-ip.com/services/managed_d ... c_dns.html
It looks like you would have to install a client from no-ip to updated your ip address every time it changes.

I use service from http//www.dyndns.com/, I use my router setting so that the ip address automatically updates from router rather than a client on local pc.

Play list.

to allow your client to save play list, just make sure you have enabled playlist option from user edit menu and options and enable playlist plugin.[/quotequi7s89b]

Hey thiru06,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to find how to enable the playlist shortly after posting my questions.

The only way that I can get the service to start is to put in the internal IP address of the server (192.168.xx.xx). When I try the external IP with a different port number I still get the same error message. Any thoughts?

Also, my question about the no-ip.org was how do I setup VS to use that service. Do I add the outside name (xxxxx.no-ip.org) in the server settings box? Since my IP can and will change some time in the future. I will look into dyndns since my router supports that service also.

Thanks again for your help.

Phil

22-10-2009 18:45:19

No-ip.com and DynDNS.org provide the same service... they give a free domain name that is updated by a service running on your network (usually the router provides the updates). So no matter what you IP address is, it will be automatically linked to the domain name you choose. Vibe Streamer doesn't use this service exactly, but you will need to configure your router to forward the appropriate port to the server running Vibe Streamer.

thiru06

22-10-2009 19:33:10

Hey,

[quote3qog6r6d]
The only way that I can get the service to start is to put in the internal IP address of the server (192.168.xx.xx). When I try the external IP with a different port number I still get the same error message. Any thoughts?
[/quote3qog6r6d]

Don't put your external or other ip address on VS3 server setting address box, just start the VS3 server on your local machine's address. If you want to access your server from your friend's home then you would connect on your external ip or by your name services. Which will automatically forward the connection on to your internal computer which is 192.168.xx.xxport. If your using router just make sure you forward any connection from the port to your ip address.

hint if your using VS3 within your network you can access it by just going to http//192.198.xx.xxport or by entering http//pcnameport.

PS I guess this somewhat answers your no-ip.org question.

lobam

12-12-2009 08:41:05

No-ip.com and DynDNS.org provide the same service... they give a free domain name that is updated by a service running on your network (usually the router provides the updates). So no matter what you IP address is, it will be automatically linked to the domain name you choose. Vibe Streamer doesn't use this service exactly, but you will need to configure your router to forward the appropriate port to the server running Vibe Streamer.

Exctally how would i do this? my router will only let me port forward the router's ip and not my external ip....unless im doing something wrong?

P.S seen no reason 2 start new thread when I'm having same problems

Phil

14-12-2009 04:54:50

Typically you only forward ports, not IPs. You're doing something wrong.