How-to: Configure LastFM scrobbling in the software version

drakkanis

06-10-2009 10:13:19

Hi all.

I have the LastFM software, installed on my PC and I don't seem to get it to scrobble from my Vibe Streamer player. I am logged on, on the LastFM software and Vibe streamer.
What else should I do? Can someone post a tutorial or something?

Thank you.

MockY

06-10-2009 20:16:41

You need to log in to Last.fm via Vibestreamer and NOT use a third party software since that will not work. If you don't see the Last.fm tab in the player, then you need to enable that plugin via the admin GUI since it's not enabled by default.

drakkanis

07-10-2009 09:38:05

Thank you. So the changes are seen on the LastFM site directly? Uncool, but still nice feature.

MockY

07-10-2009 23:19:37

Thank you. So the changes are seen on the LastFM site directly? Uncool, but still nice feature.[/quote1o9jqogt]
Isn't that what it is supposed to do? I'm confused to what you are looking for then since you find it "uncool".

drakkanis

08-10-2009 11:33:45

Well, LastFM, offers a soft called Last.fm.
It mainly does what the site does, displaying the songs you are currently listening, via Winamp, Win Media Player, foobar and iTunes. I was asking if there is any integration of Vibe for this 3rd party from Last.fm. Browser integration mainly.

siit

08-10-2009 12:00:42

I understand what you're after, and I actually had initial thought of having it working against the last.fm client. But that actually is a bit against the purpose of Vibe Streamer, which is being a simple streaming server that isn't dependant on anything else than your browser for working.

Check out how the last.fm plugin is implemented. It is possible to build plugins quite easily, so maybe someone wanna do it if interested... although I gotta say I personally prefer having it integrated just as it is now )

I've finished the plugin/theme structure to 90% now, but at the moment i'm quite busy with other things, but later on I'll release some kind of documentation on how to extend and theme vibe streamer 3 easily.

drakkanis

08-10-2009 13:06:16

Thanks! You're the best.
Also may you consider extending the media streamed to *.flac?

MockY

08-10-2009 23:50:22

You better make sure you are always hooked up to fiber if you want to "stream" such large files without lag )