BUG: russian mp3's - can't be seen

whitehat

19-06-2009 19:47:25

10x for great server! I've found a bug - VibeStreamer doesn't see tracks, which's file name are in russian. May be the same bug happens with other non-latin characters.
When I try to play such a track, VS says " Error loading Track. File could not be found."
When the are lot's of russian files in the directory - it doesn't open the directory at all
P.S. there is no problem with tags - they are displayed properly...

pcug

26-07-2009 22:10:27

The problem may be that Vibe needs to include character sets for cyrillic, greek, tai, katakana, etc. in order to be able to process those files (and directories). It seems that anything other than straight ASCII will not be served.

How about it siit? Can we get the extra fonts included? How about picking up fonts from the host?

siit

10-08-2009 10:03:04

Vibe Streamer does not support UTF-8 at the moment, which is required for this to work. This is something I'm looking into and will try to solve in a future version.

pcug

21-08-2009 22:08:35

Thanks for the response siit. We really need the UTF-8 support for all the niche MP3s out there.
For myself, I have a lot of Greek stuff which I am going to have to go to the trouble of translating to Greeklish. There is no way to do that without a Greek-speaking person doing it by hand.