Windows Task Scheduler

DaveKJ

16-10-2008 07:55:35

I want to use the windows task scheduler to open Vibe Streamer on Windows Startup.

When I activate the task to run "vibestreamer.exe" it opens a Vibe window, but with none of the settings configured. When I close that out and open Vibe normally through the Start Menu or File Explorer everything is there as it should be. the server starts automatically and all is good.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. I thought it was a user permissions issue because it asks what user to run the task under.

I enabled and logged into the Administrator account and was still unable to make a task that functioned properly.

HELP!!!

DaveKJ

16-10-2008 15:49:41

I was able to make a batch file to run "vibestreamer.exe" and then placed a shortcut to that batch file in the Startup file in the Start Menu. Tada! Still wierd that task Scheduler doesn't open programs normally.

kjparenteau

16-10-2008 22:20:04

I ran into the same thing, but I also used a batch script in the startup folder and it worked just fine that way. You might also want to try just a general shortcut to the .exe and place that in your startup folder. I'm sure with different configurations either solution might work differently.