Vibe constantly crashes

Azuress

12-08-2008 20:40:36

Problem Crashes once or more per day random times, no error message just closes. Loading index window doesn't go away but that has been resolved.

I think this started shortly after I added about 100gigs of music to the server.

Windows Server 2003 R2
Service Pack 2
Intel Xeon CPU 3.60GHz x2
4 Gb of Ram
6 Terabytes Free space, 12 Terabytes Total
630 Gb of MP3s
1Gbps Network

Troubleshooting
- Tried installing into a new directory with fresh downloaded copy
- Rebooted server
- Checked event log files, no report of vibestreamer
- Set Vibestreamer.exe to a higher process priority
- Turned off logging in Vibe
- Split music into 3 directories, 300 gig max each
- Deleted share.xml, ran index to create a new one, Loading index window closes by its self now
- Turned off auto indexing

Please help me, this has been happening for a month now. I have an average of 90 people connected to Vibe durring peak hours. The server is also streaming movies via web and that works fine.

Azuress

13-08-2008 17:50:29

Also everyone uses just one logon. This is because people come and go so often and there are potentially thousands of users. Should I try creating multiple accounts with a 10 or 20 user limit?

flux

14-08-2008 10:05:17

I whould assume some more information is needed for someone to help you solve this. Like the version of your Vibe Streamer... And if turning of logging didn't help, maybe you could enable it again, and maybe there is also some debug level you could add. I guess some serious debug-logging or trace dumps must be created. Could you attach a debugger or something like that? I don't know how many setups of Vibe Streamer there are that is as large as this one. I don't know if siit has any stress-testing environment to emulate your usage. Maybe some ideas... I don't know much about windows... If it was a Linux-program i would have run strace or even gdb on the process to try and find out where it crashes and go from there. Also I would have turned on all possible logging. And maybe even patched in some extra debug "prints" to trace what is actually going on before and during crash...