Auto-login?

rkillcrazy

05-06-2008 22:02:15

Is there a way to script a shortcut to do an auto-login? I've seen sights that allowed for that to happen...you just had to know the correct "code" to get it to work. For instance http//www.somesite.com/?secret=1&usern ... &autologin could get one right in. It would be nice to have this set up so I could have FF open my three tabs every morning when I get in.... Now, the box shows up and remembers my login but it doesn't log in by default - I still have to hit OK.

06-05-08
1601 EDT

siit

06-06-2008 04:09:20

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but anonymous login is possible to do in the vibe streamer 3 (alpha 3) by doing this

- shut down the server
- edit /conf/skins.xml
- set <anonymousAccess>true</anonymousAccess>
- set the value of <anonymousUserGuid> to contain the guid of your preferred user ... you can find out the guid of the user you want all "anonymous" users to be logged on automatically as in /conf/users.xml....

for example

<anonymousAccess>true</anonymousAccess>
<anonymousUserGuid>693925e4-1234-11dd-1234-000000000000</anonymousUserGuid>

//siit

rkillcrazy

06-06-2008 14:27:59

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but anonymous login is possible to do in the vibe streamer 3 (alpha 3) by doing this

- shut down the server
- edit /conf/skins.xml
- set <anonymousAccess>true</anonymousAccess>
- set the value of <anonymousUserGuid> to contain the guid of your preferred user ... you can find out the guid of the user you want all "anonymous" users to be logged on automatically as in /conf/users.xml....

for example

<anonymousAccess>true</anonymousAccess>
<anonymousUserGuid>693925e4-1234-11dd-1234-000000000000</anonymousUserGuid>

//siit[/quotef1cjfopa]

I've not tried the alpha yet. I've been meaning to though. Maybe I'll give it a whirl this weekend. However, if I allow for anonymous access, will I also disable the ability to have users that must log in?

06-06-08
0826 EDT

Amish

06-06-2008 21:03:22

Well yeah obviously, because its automatic.

kjparenteau

06-06-2008 21:18:47

With the new design for the server, I wonder if a feature to enable or disable a "hidden" URL could be made... Example...

Have a checkbox added inside the server to enable the autologin URL which would automatically do what Siit was talking about provided you go through a particular URL. So your main URL for your vibe will work like normal and request for specific access, and then this "hidden" URL or whatever will allow for automatic login.

Any thoughts?

siit

07-06-2008 02:41:39

well, you can set up two sites in /conf/sites.xml where one allow anonymous and one doesn't not.. they can still point on the same codebase (that is, the location of the standard skin) but with different <path> or host values,.. by using the <path> attribute you can setup a site like this for example

"<yourip>8081/mypath"

although I'm not sure that the standard skin as it is built now will run on a specified path, i think it only works with the root location..

the point of the path setting is for a future possibility of an administration skin and maybe a "broadcast listening/web radio" skin.. running at the /admin path.. etc..