vibestreamer wont connect

hacker24

21-04-2008 02:13:14

hello all.
ok i downloaded vibestreamer did everything the instructions said to do
but, when i klik on "start" it says ( web server could not be started ( could not bind socket to) and it shows my ip address.
i tried changing it to ( all unassigned ) but still says the same thing.
i dissabled my firewall and still no luck.
just to let you know..im running a web server using apache web server and i also have a domain name.
at the top of the vibestreamer box in the "server name" box it has my domain name which it put itself there when i downloaded vibestreamer.
and in the "port" box it says port 80
my web server that im running with apache is set to port 80 and that also was put there by itself during install of vibestreamer.
im also using a wireless router "linksys" model BEFW11S4
can anyone help me out or tell me what im doing wrong and how can i fix this?
thank you

kjparenteau

23-04-2008 16:27:23

You won't be able to run both your Apache server and your Vibe server through the same port. You will need to specify Vibe to run on a different port. One thing you can do so you don't have to remember your port number is use a service like www.dyndns.com and set up a webhop using whatever port you want like this...

Name - yourname.selfip.com
Points to - yourip8081 or yourdomain8081

Since you already have a domain name, you can also create a subdomain that forwards to your vibe streamer port. There's a lot of options here, but let me know if you need some ideas.

Remember you will also need to add port 8081 (or whatever other open port you choose) to your router's forwarding. Once you do that you should be set! Let me know if you have any questions.