Sound starts and stops when second user logs in

Randallh

06-04-2008 17:45:02

Hi,

I have the Vibe Server setup and working across the intertnet forwarded to TCP port 8081.
When one user is logged in all is fine. When the second user logs in - the songs continually start and stop for the second user - any ideas what could be wrong?

Mp3's are 320K

Randall

kjparenteau

07-04-2008 18:12:38

Sounds to me like a bandwith issue more than anything. Whatever your upload bandwith is may be just enough to keep 1 connection going, but the second can't stream faster than it can play.

My suggestion would be to try setting some bandwith caps on each user to where it will still stream fast enough for continuous playback, but at the same time not allowing any one user to hog the entire bandwith.

The bandwith limits is going to vary depending on your file size which is mainly dependent upon your bitrate of the file. So at 320k its going to take nearly 2 times as much bandwith to stream vs a 128k file. You'll just have to play with the settings to see what works out between your files, your bandwith, and preferences.

Just open the server GUI and to the Users and Groups tab, then double click the user you want to edit, and set the speed limits. Again its all going to vary depending on your upload bandwith as well as file sizes. Once you find a happy medium to where you stream slightly faster than your playback is, you'll be good.

Kevin