Move to new house, vibe quits working.

googlymoogly

27-09-2007 16:45:06

Hi everybody, I moved my computer to a new house, aka new ISP (comcast).

I had qwest dsl working fine at old place using first DMZ then port forwarding.

Now, at my new place, I can throw my tower in the DMZ, or port forward it, and it won't connect.

Strange thing is I am sitting here at school and when I go to http//www.mydomain.homeip.net8081, it will ask me for my username and password, which takes it, as I see through a remote desktop connection that a user is in fact logged on.

However, after taking user and pass, the remote browser doesn't load a page.

I've tried with no firewall, uPnP, no uPnP, port forwarding, port triggering, etc..etc...

Is comcast just being lame about incoming connections or what?

I should note I have tried to connect from both my parent's house and at school, same result for both...

Please any ideas do tell!

better_tomorrow

07-11-2007 10:50:37

My best guess would be to try a different port, double check your firewall settings, and also note that on different hardware setups you may need to manually allow certain icmp packets such as time exceeded for datagram -11 and on forth.

If that doesn't work then try uninstalling vibe streamer along with a re-install.

If you still can't connect, then try an uninstall of any recent software/patches/upgrades.

If you're still having problems look into a firmware upgrade for your modem and/or router.