32kbps playing like chipmonks!

daveoily

04-09-2007 21:03:49

Hi all O)

I don't have loads of bandwidth to spare, so it seemed an elegant solution to stream my music at a passable 32kbps, my other music plays fine, but the lower bitrate stuff streams way too fast, does anyone have a solution to this?

thanks in advance

dave

siit

05-09-2007 10:52:07

This is a bug/lack of feature in macromedia flash.
Although i reckon it only lacks on files encoded in less than 44khz. Make sure that your files are 32kbps/44khz.

daveoily

05-09-2007 14:48:27

hmmm... thanks for that ) I have additional questions then, I have been using winlame to encode the files, and cannot seem to locate a feature that sets the sample rate, when i crunch the audio down to 32kbps, normally, it went down to 16khz, even if i switch it to a higher quality encode, it still only yields 24khz ? does anyone know of a more configurable encoder? Or perhaps i missed an obvious feature in lame in which case< could anyone please guide me to it? i found no additional help on the winlame pages cry

Amish

05-09-2007 16:05:15

siit,

can i ask how your going to resolve this problem, i mean macromedia flash can't handle it, so how are you goign to stream in later versions? Is it going to be like slimserver to stream to media player or what?

~amish