any simple solution?

Logoth

22-07-2007 17:28:33

Hello there, i just discovered this vibe streamer software and i found it amazing!

But i soon stumbled upon a problem, I have a farily large music collection divided into some top folders and under these top folders Iv got a lot of sub folders with music in and so on.

So heres my problem, I cant find any way to add my whole music collection to my playlist by just adding my top folders, it would take ages to klick and add all folders manually throughout the folder tree.

Any suggestions? (

RoJ

01-08-2007 21:32:13

I know what you mean, I can only hope that the next release will allow you to add a whole folder as/to a playlist -/

kokkers

15-11-2007 00:37:34

I feel your pain ... surprising this feature is missing actually.

The only thing I really would like to see improved is adding a complete directory to playlist feature )

Development seems to have slowed down to a complete halt.
Can't really blame the author though, he has done a hell of a job already.

Real life and more important stuff comes first since Vibe streamer is just an extra.

siit

15-11-2007 11:00:51

No complete halt over here, but there are quite a lot of work to be done as a single developer, since the vibe streamer enviroment has grown quite large since the current version. Enjoy the current version and take comfort in that I read all feature requests and most of them are good ideas that I try to implement.

mp3maniac

15-11-2007 19:48:05

There is a way to add your entire collection with one click, I have tested it and it works for me. First of all it [b3ofzqdg4]does not work with the default skin[/b3ofzqdg4]. So if you haven't yet, get your hands on one of the nice skins that have been made. Such as the BBE-FSG skin found at http//tinyurl.com/3ad6d9 .

Create a top level folder above the one where your music collection resides such as
c\Music
-----MP3s
----------folder1
----------folder2
----------folder3
----------etc

Share out the top level folder(Music in example). After indexing is complete connect to Vibe Streamer. Highlight the top level shared folder in the lower left frame (Music) and on the right side you will see your top level MP3s folder. Click on the large (+) sign icon at the end or beginning of the line on the right hand side frame (depends on what skin you have). This should cause all songs in all sub folders to be added to the playlist frame ready to be played.

Now if you want you can create a playlist and add all of these files to it for future use.

As I said this works for me, I hope it helps.

CoDEmanX

11-03-2008 15:09:37

@siit what about a small change to the indexing procedure?

currently all sub-directories are added. Only files from a specified shared mime-type are shown by VS. So there are quite a lot empty folders on the webinterface. Instead of showing these folders, they should get removed from index (unless there is at least one file of a shared filetype in it).