Can't view any folders

cdhead

02-07-2007 17:30:19

I'm hoping someone has an answer for this...I have my vibe streamer all setup and configured and I can log into the web interface but I cannot view any folders or files. I have associated the virtual share name with my user name and I have gone through and reindexed and tried to setup test shares and I still cannot see a thing on my home server. Are there any other settings i could be missing that would prevent me from viewing and files and folders? Thanks in advance.

-Chris

cdhead

02-07-2007 21:05:39

I also wanted to mention that I can't get anything to diplay when i try to open the webserver in IE7. I'm using firefox for now and that seems to display everything fine. I don't know if this is an indication of another problem or what but something isn't right.

cdhead

02-07-2007 22:13:38

Ok, I figured out part of the solution. For some reason when you have port forwarding on a domain name(example domain.com = domain.comport#) you cannot pull up the file list. I have a no-ip.com account linked with my domain and my dynamic IP. When i type in my domain name it takes me to the right port but the vibe streamer won't display any files or folders. The only way i was able to get it to work was typing the IP with the port after it. Any fixes for this out there so i can just type in my domain and let my dns forwarding account work out all the addresses? Thanks

cdhead

10-07-2007 21:36:12

Any ideas anyone ???

SirKeats

10-07-2007 22:57:15

i had to set up the dynamic ip url (i use dyndns instead of no-ip) to the ip address of the computer first. so for example

185.156.25.45 = www.myproxyurl.com

then, using dyndns's web-hop feature i then had to set up a url redirect to the urlport. so for example

www.myurlredirect.com = www.myproxyurl.com75

using this method, i'm able to use vibe streamer without any issues (well... i'm having some time-out issues i'm troubleshooting at the moment, but otherwise it's working fine).

hocuspocus

22-11-2008 20:06:51

Okay, I was having this same problem
NO FOLDERS DISPLAYED

I had a no-ip.org redirect directing to xx.xxx.xxx.xxx8080, so that I didn't have to put the port number in the address-bar... I had my router forward port 8080 to my pc port 8080 and Vibe set up on port 8080...

This worked fine for a couple of days (!!!), when accessing form work. But when testing the redirect at home no folders showed up. (i hear y'all thinking why would you? lolz). I then tested a 'portless' redirect, adding the port in the address-bar and voila, folders displayed. I thought 'well this is some BS...' which it is off course, because it shouldn't have anything to do with eachother.

ANYWAY the solution I came up with is the following setup
- no-ip.org redirect to router ip without port
- router port 80 forwarded to pc port 8080

Of course this sucks when you want to run a website from home without setting up additional port forwards in your router.

jamykid

18-03-2009 00:59:03

As with others, when getting my domain forwarded to a port number...

music.mydomain.com = xx.xxx.xx.xxx8081 I am unable to view the left pane.
If I put the IPport, everything is ok

When blank, I get the following message, so if anyone can help, we may be able to fix it withing the html code.
Cheers!

line222
Char3
Error 'top.frames.2.document' is null or not an object
Code0
URL http//music.mydomain.com8081/left.html

substitute music.mydomain.com with your own )

... will look into ths myself, but I don't have the luxury of a static IP or any dynamicdns to work with, so would rather get the html fixed.