.....no clue what's going on

chococoffee

29-05-2007 06:01:08

i've been reading past posts and topics on how to access your vibestream from external sources and i am still extremely confused. first off, i am not very smart with computers so i only vaguely understand all the terms flying around. i'm sorry about my stupidity. first off what exactly is routing and how do i edit it? i know my ip address but i have no idea about how to make sure the routing is working and whether or not my ports are ok or not.... if somebody could please explain and help me in simple english, i would be extremely grateful

ZippyDSMlee

04-06-2007 07:33:36

I have forgotten half of IP things over the years this program needs a more simpler setup to broadcast,I have both user and group checked to share I can find if using the local IP it says it can use but can not get others to find it.

Did I miss a faq somewhere that tells me how to do this ?

BTW you not the only one havign troubles with it *L*

Amish

07-06-2007 20:28:46

You cant get simpler that the problem, as long as a program is listening and you have a router, then you have to forward.

If you use any other program then youll hav the do the same. Simpler coudl be having UPNP turned on but noone ever does.