Clarification on domain pointing?

harlan

01-02-2007 14:34:06

[b1i0m7jt5]Ofcourse, if you have a domain pointing to that IP address you may also use that in your address http//<yourdomainname>8081[/b1i0m7jt5]

So, if I have a .com registered to my name. will it automatically pickup as www.mydomain.com8081
That is, if I can bind it to the socket, which is still an issue since Vonage (see below)
Any help always appreciated!

siit

01-02-2007 15:09:23

If the DNS A-record for your domain name points to the ip adress your server has, then yes, then it will work.

DynamoBen

01-02-2007 16:54:06

I'm running into a problem where I'm trying to navigate to vibe via its computer name, not IP. I'm presented with the login dialog but then get a blank webpage. If I type in the ip, not computer name, everything functions normally.

Any thoughts?

siit

01-02-2007 17:03:32

I've seen this bug before and it has happened to me aswell, but the other way around(!)? .. very odd.. and I haven't really found out what's causing it, but at the moment I'm rewriting the core of the webserver so hopefully the problem will disappear in the future.. until then, use whatever adress that works best when running locally.

//siit