"must select a skin for this user"

darkhelmet16

31-01-2007 09:06:59

I've had Vibe Streamer up and running before, but somehow I mysteriously lost all my settings and reinstalled. Now, I try to set up a user and the "skins" list has no items on it, and it tells me I must select a skin for that user before it'll let me hit Ok. All the Standard skin files are there, so far as I can tell, but the standard skin doesn't show up on the list. I searched the forums to try and download a different skin, but couldn't find one available just to download. What's my problem?

siit

31-01-2007 13:17:58

When starting vibestreamer.exe it looks for any folders within you "<VibeStreamer Folder>/skins"

With the default installation of vibe streamer the "standard skin" folder is there.. are you sure it's there now?

//siit

darkhelmet16

01-02-2007 03:11:15

Yes, it's definitely there. I've had other strange things happen too, both before and after the reinstall- for instance, I had all my settings erased once when I rebooted my computer. I really like the program and I use it a lot, but I need to create a user name! -) Thanks!

~Evan

darkhelmet16

01-02-2007 08:19:51

Hmm... so, I closed it this morning and when I came back to open it up again tonight, all my original settings and usernames were there, and when I looked at their settings the Standard skin was there in the menu. I don't know what made it disappear, but... ok? It works for me I guess... now, I still want a different skin, but don't have the skills to make my own, is there a skins download thread or something where I can get one?

siit

01-02-2007 09:24:33

check out the skinning and modifications forum for a few threads on skins.
skinning in the current version of vibe streamer isn't as easy as it should so there haven't been too much acitivity in the skinning department. this is something I'd like to change in the future so when it's time to rebuild the standard skin, i'll that in mind.