Problem with fast voices

daenor

22-01-2007 11:11:38

I have installed Vibe Streamer few days ago and I only have 1 problem. All the songs sounds well, but yesterday, when I played a lecture's record, the sound went very fast and it was impossible to me to listen the file. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for the help

PavleM

28-01-2007 04:37:32

I think that the problem is that the MP3 file you listened to was not made with 44KHz sample rate, but with something lower, e.g. 22KHz, and the Flash MP3 player built in VibeStreamer doesn't really take notice of that, it just plays the samples as if they were 44KHz (this should go to a bug list, if it's not already there).

The solution I found was to re-encode the files to 44KHz - any other suggestions would be welcome!

boasist

13-03-2007 02:46:02

hmm, I have a similar issue where files play too slow. I have checked and my files are encoded @ 48KHz VBR.

The files play correctly from any other player. Just vibe is when the slow motion happens.

Other than that, its the best MP3 server I have ever used!!!

ksri99

16-04-2007 05:35:56

The issue with fast voice could be the ratio of the "Audio sample rate" Vs the "Bit Rate". It is advisable that you should have the bit rate atleast the double of sampling rate. For eg if you have an mp3 whose bit-rate is say 48kbps, then having sample rate of more than 24Khz would make it play faster. You might want to check on this ratio and encode your mp3's accordingly. Hope this helps.