Problem with external network access

snizzles

03-12-2006 00:16:24

Everything is set up correctly, as far as ports and settings are concerned. People can connect to the server, putting in their login user and password. But after that it just gives them a blank screen. Their browser is set to accept all cookies, and they've tried multiple refreshes. They've tried with IE6, IE7, and Firefox. I'm searched the forums and found nothing with this problem. It works fine for me if i use the internal address or the external address while i'm within the network. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

shaichico

03-12-2006 15:31:01

Hi,

I used to have the same problem when installing. and after turning off my Peer Guardian, things started to load without issues. I can therefore deduct that certain software based firewalls stop java scripting.

I advise you to turn off all protections and turn them on one by one testing the page intermittantly after each application . There you will localise the issue.

I hope this helps.

Shaichico

snizzles

03-12-2006 17:54:07

hmm, i don't believe there's any software based firewalls on the system except for the windows one, which i made sure to disable, i will double check though.

edit ok, there's no firewalls at all on the server. i had a friend try it again and IE gives him a blank page after he logs in and firefox gives him a page that says
[quote2bejx7n4]var browser = detect_browser(); if ( browser=='msie' ) { document.writeln(''); document.writeln('\t'); document.writeln('\t'); document.writeln('\t\t'); document.writeln('\t\t'); document.writeln('\t'); document.writeln(''); document.writeln('\t'); document.writeln('\t[/quote2bejx7n4]

i'm clueless with this one.

siit

04-12-2006 09:13:48

hmm.. i'm starting to believe that javascript is disabled on the browser... check the browser settings and make sure javascript is enabled.

snizzles

05-12-2006 03:48:16

hmm.. i'm starting to believe that javascript is disabled on the browser... check the browser settings and make sure javascript is enabled.[/quote3faxzo6b]

just asked my friends who tried, it's enabled.

snizzles

06-12-2006 23:18:10

i tried again today on my laptop while on campus, and still doesn't work. i can confirm that java is enabled on this because i accessed the server from my network with this and it worked fine.

snizzles

11-12-2006 05:00:22

nothing?

siit

11-12-2006 10:38:58

well, to be honest I can't really figure out what's giving you problems.. have never heard of anyone experiencing anything like this.. any else have any ideas?

snizzles

11-12-2006 18:14:57

if i give you a link and a login name and password in a private pm, would that maybe help you determine the cause of the problem?

gripster

26-01-2007 02:10:40

Did you ever get a solution to this problem as I having the same issue?

Thanks
grip

Topher

31-01-2007 14:25:38

I am having the same problem with the blank screen. In my case I manage my own nameserver and redirect to my home computer. Whenever I try to connect through the music.(mydomain.com) that I set up and it redirects it to my computer I recieve this error on the page

Line 222
Char 3
Error 'top.frames.2.document' is null or not an object
Code0
URL http//www.(mydomain.com8081)/left.html

But if I just connect through my external ip address8081 everything works fine.

ANY Ideas???????