Windows Server 2003 Web Edition

T_im

08-11-2006 19:55:11

Hi there,

I'm trying to stream music in to Second Life from my Windows Server 2003 Web Edition Server. I've read that I can't user Windows Media Services because apprently I havn't paid enough - big surprise!

Looking at Vibestreamer it seems this shouldn't be a problem as its not intergrated with IIS.

I've go over anominouse acces via httpusername.password@domainport but although I can login into the server and see the files nothing happens when I press play?

Also I'm confused about playlists in the vibestream - are they just for clients or can I add my own to the server. I see there is a playlist tab but I can't right click for a new one or load and existing one.

Sorry for the long question but there it is.

Thanks

Tim

T_im

08-11-2006 20:31:11

Well its me replying to me lol. I got it working, not sure what I did or did wrong but reinstalling and doing the same thing seem to do the trick.

However I still have a problem with playlists. I can now select a song and get it to play. What I need is to be able to have a playlist and have users joing listen to what it playing - just like internet radio.

If i right click I don't see an option to create a playlist or inport one on vibe streamer.

Sorry about my speeling but after a night like this I'm the one who has to buy a new keyboard

tim

vibestream is cool