User timeout vs. connection timeout

Biodude

31-10-2006 18:57:41

Hello,

I'm new to this program, but I would like to give props for utility and ease of use. It is excellent! D

Now my question.

I am accessing my music from work using IE6. It works pretty well, but I can only play a few songs of my playlist before the music stops. From reading other threads it appears that my problem maybe due to my connection timing out which apparently can be remedied by increasing the timeout settings. I've noticed in the Advanced Settings window you can change two timeout settings (user and connection).

Could someone tell me more about these two settings so that I can tweak my server for more reliable streaming?

Thanks

siit

01-11-2006 12:58:18

First of all, explanation for timeouts

User session timeout The number of seconds that has to pass before a user that hasn't requested anything from the server is disconnected.
Vibe Streamer has a hidden IFRAME that constantly refreshes every 10 seconds to keep the user session connected. When the user session times out the user is disconnected from vibe streamer and has to login again.

Connection timeout The number of seconds that has to pass before an incoming connection/http request that hasn't finished is disconnected.

this timeout issue is a weird problem that i'm not sure what's causing.
some people have problems with it, and some people never notice it. it isn't really browser depending since some people with the exactly same browsers experience it differently.. i'm starting to guess that it might actually have to do with lags in the webconnection of the client or the server..

but try raising the "user session timeout".. to 60-120seconds at a maximum and see if it helps..

//siit