Can not stream files from NAS that are write protected

norm

29-10-2006 15:14:51

Downloaded vibe streamer 2.06 (great product!).

Trying to stream MP3's from my network attached storage. The MP3's residing on my NAS are read-only. In the web client I get the following error Error loading track. File could not be found.

The tests I have conducted, and results, are
[list1lohlp5o]Local read-write MP3's stream fine.[/listu1lohlp5o]
[list1lohlp5o]Local read-only MP3's stream fine.[/listu1lohlp5o]
[list1lohlp5o]MP3's on NAS that are read-write stream fine.[/listu1lohlp5o]
[list1lohlp5o]MP3's on NAS that are read-only do not stream, and generate error (above).[/listu1lohlp5o]

Some additional observations regarding the above failure
[list1lohlp5o]I have enabled all logging, including "Log bad HTTP requests" from the Settings tab[/listu1lohlp5o]
[list1lohlp5o]When double clicking on the MP3 (in the lower right side frame), it tries to load it into the play queue, displaying the message "Loading MP3 information.....", then failes with Error. Nothing appears in the Event log for this action (but I suspect this is normal, as nothing appears in the log at this point when executing successful MP3 steaming scenarios).[/listu1lohlp5o]
[list1lohlp5o]For items that have failed, with the "Error loading Track. File could not be found" message in the play queue, when I select them and click the play button they fail to stream (no surpirse there), but I do receive the following in the event log
[quote1lohlp5o]Bad HTTP request 'virtual/music/mysong.mp3' (192.168.100.10)[/quote1lohlp5o][/listu1lohlp5o]
Of interest to the above point, the name [b1lohlp5o]virtual[/b1lohlp5o] in the path is not something I have specified when configuring the Shared Directories. Not sure if this is normal, or a bug in the directory pathing?

Norm

crimson

30-10-2006 20:02:58

I believe virtual an alias is the root directory in VibeStreamer. For me, virtual represents D\Music\.

I'm sure siit will see this soon and take a look.

siit

01-11-2006 12:49:04

weird weird weird..

the read-only issue was solved in an earlier version of vibe streamer.. but it might be some problems with win32 and some file systems used on NAS drivers.. exactly what NAS driver do you use?

//siit

norm

02-11-2006 01:09:55

The "NAS driver" is the one built into windows CIFS (SMB). Normal windows file sharing.

If it helps, the physical Network Attached Storage device is a Buffalo Technology TeraStation Pro NAS ([urlf8j8la2j]http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?productid=127&categoryid=27[/urlf8j8la2j]), which I believe runs a flavor of Linux as the underlying OS.

Norm

norm

17-02-2007 20:09:01

Trying to stream MP3's from my network attached storage. The MP3's residing on my NAS are read-only. In the web client I get the following error Error loading track. File could not be found.
[/quote1fvlo5be]

I've discovered what was causing this problem. It was Windows 98. I had Vibe running on a very old PC. Once I installed Windows NT (still runs on my old and weak PC), Vibe works great !!

Norm