Iframe issues and anonymous login

aquanode

21-09-2006 00:39:14

Hello Vibe Streamer guru's.

First let me start by saying that I think your product is fantastic, set up very easily and works well.

I have a couple of things I'd like some insight into

1) When the vibe streamer is called within an iFrame it opens but does not work, any suggestions.

2) Is there a way to keep music playing when the user navigates to another page in the parent? (I am trying to embed an MP3 streaming service into a web app, when the user goes to another function I'd like for the music to continu playing).

3) Can we disable the need to login? I realize this means that I will not get stats on each user and I'm ok with that, just don't want users to have to log in.

Thanks in advance, nice job on this tool.

warlockvix

26-10-2006 16:17:52

actually, I would like some input on frames as well. First off I can use Vibe perfectly, either using a CNAME for my domain or just throwing the port on the end of my address. I know it works as it should but I would like to make the address a little cleaner looking, so I stuck into a page with frames. No additional address to remember, no port to remember; I just click the link.

I get

Line 222
Char 3
Error 'top.frames.2.document' is null or not an object
code0
URL http//my.domain.comxxxx/left.html

So now I discover the Vibe interface already uses frames and it doesn't like being put into a frame itself. Is there a way around this?

siit

28-10-2006 09:52:47

well, there's always the possibility to go through the skin code and modify it to use "parent.... " etc, instead of "top.frames.2" to locate the frames it uses. if you put vibe streamer in a frame and try to call on the frames it uses from "top.frames.. " it will believe the frame you've put it in it the topframe of vibe streamer..

warlockvix

28-10-2006 16:40:47

aye, that's what I did...er, what I am doing. I know enough about frames to be dangerous (ie, I can figure it out eventually but still have no clue why it works).

I have gotten the folders to appear on the left and now I'm working on the song list on the right.