Streaming to Snail's Pace

g8trtim

18-09-2006 20:18:34

For 3 or 4 weeks Vibe ran smoothly and efficiently on my server box. However in the past two weeks, streaming has been near impossible. The download has been crawling rediculously slow.
I first thought it was my connection... ran multiple speed tests over the past few days and its been a little slow but still about 30 kpbs UL minimum.
Then I thought I'd clear out my temp internet files... no change.
Stopped all unessential processes and connected direct to IP... no effect.

Connected within my network... worked fine...very snappy...

Any ideas?

Sohail

19-09-2006 21:02:05

ohh yes , im having the same problem, any idea siit?

g8trtim

21-09-2006 19:03:28

well as it stands, i think i've found a solution, however its not the best... I restored my router back to factory setting (netgear) and reassigned it to a new port (8888, rather than 8081) and for now its back to normal...

would still like some insight in what might be a better solution

siit

22-09-2006 08:35:39

Heythere,

Well to be honest I can't really see what the problem would be. Are you talking about streaming from the outside or within your local network?

g8trtim

22-09-2006 14:37:17

outside... when streaming on the local network it had no problems... from what i found, Ive come to the conclusion that my router is a POS and "clogs" up over time due to high traffic. i guess the only way to remove the angina is to remove the forwarding and redo it all... frustrating but atleast its working again...