No Connection from outside

Aares

29-08-2006 02:38:11

Hi,
Already tried
10 different ports(8081,8080,80,79, etc.), pathforwarding, firewall configured & disabled, Client Firewall configured and disabled, 5 different "extern" Pc´s(No Work Pc´s). wink
Has anybody another Idea?

QBOX2006

29-08-2006 18:50:37

lol. Damn. If you've tried all that, then I don't think even Google Inc. and Microsoft Corp. working together could help you.

Disable all firewalls.
Portforward port 80
Ensure when users are accessing from outside, they use your external IP at port 80.

Phil

30-08-2006 21:11:15

You can connect to VibeStreamer internally correct? If so, you are not doing something incorrectly that's not allowing extrernal access. Have you ever successfuly forwarded a port? What does your network look like?

Aares

30-08-2006 22:14:14

Disable all firewalls. Already tried[/coloro63qg0gv]
Portforward port 80 Already tried[/coloro63qg0gv]
Ensure when users are accessing from outside, they use your external IP at port 80. Already tried with 10 different ports[/coloro63qg0gv]

You can connect to VibeStreamer internally correct? Yes without problems[/coloro63qg0gv]
Have you ever successfuly forwarded a port? Yes[/coloro63qg0gv]
What does your network look like? LAN --> Router --> WAN[/coloro63qg0gv]

g8trtim

31-08-2006 20:09:12

maybe its more complicated in this but you set up users and have them allowed to access? I found it easier to assign them all to a group and allow the group rather than individual users. double check is all im saying.. .

dAEk

31-08-2006 21:23:10

Man, this appears to be a tricky one.

I probably won't have the time to reply, but for the others to help you, answer this
have you successfully setup another application for use from outside the LAN? If so, what ports did you use? Did yo try closing that application and make Vibe use that port? (You can't have two applications listening to the same port)

That's all I can think of atm.

better_tomorrow

01-09-2006 03:34:16

A few things I would try.

1.)If you are using a third party firewall and Windows XP,then I would check to see if the windows firewalls is running.

The windows firewall may have been set by default on SP2 with an OEM machine.

If the windows firewall is on, then turn it off and try your connection again.

2.) Are you sure you're using the right ip? If you have dial up a residential broadband service, then your ip is probably dynamic based. This means your ip changes whenever.

Try signing up for a No Ip free domain. Then download and install their dns update client.

Use your No Ip free domain name to connect to your host machine.

3.) Are you using a Nat router or a hardware firewall, then perhaps it's buggy. Try updating your firmware to your equipment. While you're at it, it wouldn't hurt to check for updates on your whole system.

Update windows, try to update your system bios, your network card driver and so forth.

4) Place your server host in the DMZ and try connecting,

5) Check to see if your isp blocks any inbound ports. 79,80,81,8080 are common ports, try an off port like 35555 and make sure you connect via http//mynoipfreedomainport - don't www.with no ip free domains

6) If you're using the windows xp firewall, then disable it, and get a real firewall. Try something like Sygate. Check the connection logs and see what's connecting and being blocked.

7)Try port fowarding without port fowarding. Set your tcp path from port to port directly in contrast to port to masked port to port.

Aares

01-09-2006 15:59:49

maybe its more complicated in this but you set up users and have them allowed to access? I found it easier to assign them all to a group and allow the group rather than individual users. double check is all im saying.. .
yes, more then 2 times D [/color2ecbstn2][/quote2ecbstn2]

Man, this appears to be a tricky one.

I probably won't have the time to reply, but for the others to help you, answer this
have you successfully setup another application for use from outside the LAN? If so, what ports did you use? Did yo try closing that application and make Vibe use that port? (You can't have two applications listening to the same port)

That's all I can think of atm.
Good Idea but no success[/color2ecbstn2][/quote2ecbstn2]

A few things I would try.

1.)If you are using a third party firewall and Windows XP,then I would check to see if the windows firewalls is running.

The windows firewall may have been set by default on SP2 with an OEM machine.

If the windows firewall is on, then turn it off and try your connection again.
XP Firewall disabled a long time ago ) [/color2ecbstn2]
2.) Are you sure you're using the right ip? If you have dial up a residential broadband service, then your ip is probably dynamic based. This means your ip changes whenever.
Oh yes, i know the difference wink [/color2ecbstn2]
Try signing up for a No Ip free domain. Then download and install their dns update client.

Use your No Ip free domain name to connect to your host machine.
Good Idea, trying later[/color2ecbstn2]
3.) Are you using a Nat router or a hardware firewall, then perhaps it's buggy. Try updating your firmware to your equipment. While you're at it, it wouldn't hurt to check for updates on your whole system.

Update windows, try to update your system bios, your network card driver and so forth.
NAT Router already updated, all others too[/color2ecbstn2]
4) Place your server host in the DMZ and try connecting,
Already tried[/color2ecbstn2]
5) Check to see if your isp blocks any inbound ports. 79,80,81,8080 are common ports, try an off port like 35555 and make sure you connect via http//mynoipfreedomainport - don't www.with no ip free domains
No blocking[/color2ecbstn2]
6) If you're using the windows xp firewall, then disable it, and get a real firewall. Try something like Sygate. Check the connection logs and see what's connecting and being blocked.
Zonealarm[/color2ecbstn2]
7)Try port fowarding without port fowarding. Set your tcp path from port to port directly in contrast to port to masked port to port.
forwarding without forwarding? sounds interesting. How to?[/color2ecbstn2][/quote2ecbstn2]

better_tomorrow

02-09-2006 00:18:16

Port fowarding without port fowarding is basically opening a port - like port 80 - all the way through your Nat router and firewall.

For example open port 80 in your Nat router and port 80 in Zonealarm with port 80 also being used by your local host vibe server.

Don't Open port 80 and then send those packets to connect on port 79, thereby masking port 79 by port 80. In such a case port 80 is open to the internet and it send all unsolicated request to port 79 therby requiring that port 79 be open in Zonealarm and on the localhost vibe server.

Also consider that windows xp limits inbound connections. Thus if you are running other services exceeding the ten limit connections, then you will need to manually bypass this setting.

http//www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

Lastly try uninstalling the vibe server. Reboot your OS and re-install the vibe server.

Run Netstat Start|Run|cmd or cmd.exe|

at command prompt type netstat -an then netstat -ab
Verify that the vibestreamer is listening to your selected port.

Then try connecting to the vibe streamer.

g8trtim

05-09-2006 17:03:06

the more I read this the more I'm convinced that you have a private IP from your ISP meaning you are blocked under their firewall. Forward ports all you want, but you will still be blocked...

the only way i know to check this without calling your ISP is to install Azureus and use their NAT error test built in to check the forwarded port. If you have in fact set the port in your router and in azureus but still have a NAT error then you are blocked at your ISP firewall. I had to pay 10$ extra per month for a 'public' ip rather than 'private'... nazis.

Aares

06-09-2006 05:31:52

Solution found D

There is a bug in my router firmware, a few hours after connecting to the internet it stops port forwarding. everything else works normal, it just stops the forwarding.

Only Solution is to reboot the router.

To help other users my router is an Speedport W 500V.

Thanks for all your help wink

Phil

07-09-2006 04:54:30

To help other users my router is an Speedport W 500V.
[/quote177wtkb1]

Time to get a new router. ;)